Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Dec 17, 2005, 3:17 AM   #1

Hi,

I would like to know if it's okay to reuse a paper one whose sides already has printed text and/or graphics simply by flipping it over and re-inserting in the feeder tray or whatever input source? There is nothing in the user's guide that answers this question. Thank you for your consideration.

John
lenfini is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 17, 2005, 4:25 AM   #2

lenfini wrote:
Quote:
There is nothing in the user's guide that answers this question. Thank you for your consideration.

John
Really? I have to admit I only glanced at the user's guide, and I have the mp760 and ip3000. But I know for a fact that the mp780, like the ip4000 it's based on supports duplex printing both manual and automatic. As in... what you describe is officaly supported and can be selected in the driver. It should be in the manual.

Now... I have been using software duplexing... which bypasses the canon's driver's duplex feature. The offical duplex mode, whether it be print on both sides automaticly without user intervention or driver based take the paper out and re-insert it seem to tone down the use of pigmented black in favor of a mix of the dye colors. I imagine this is due to the pigment black bleeding to some extent on the paper. To me the software duplexing looks sharper, and i'd rather risk minor bleeding in most cases if I get good solid sharpness.

What you do is up to you, but what you describe is an offical feature and not an issue.

zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2005, 12:07 PM   #3

What you're describing is doing it the hard way but there's no problem doing it as long as the ink is dry and the paper isn't wrinkled.
jim5554 is offline   Reply With Quote