Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Dec 26, 2005, 11:12 AM   #1

I just changed a couple of my ink cartridges and now my printer has a green cast to all images. Even if I try to print a photo in grayscale. I've tried cleaning and resetting to default settings. Still no luck. Has anyone out there had a similar problem.

Geno

ps the colors I replaced were black, photo cyan, and yellow
genohc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 26, 2005, 5:58 PM   #2

Anyone that reasds this post please help me out if you can. I've tried everything

and no I don't have the cartridges mixed up or in the wrong places etc.

Help me if you can
Old Dec 27, 2005, 2:54 AM   #3

what reason did you have for changing those colors in the first place ?. Had they all run out at the same time?........or did you have the green cast and try to overcome it by putting some new inks in ?

Howlong has theprinter been in use?

It sounds like cross contamination within the head to me.......this can be cured by putting a new head in (expensive) or by running test prints each time until it clears.........this is just a temporary measure though (if it works)
headphonesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2005, 9:41 AM   #4

If you used ink from a different manufacturer than you should replace all the cartridges with the same manufacturers ink.

If you are using 3rd party ink their formulation for their inks are different than Canon's, there fore you get a color cast.

Check this web site for more help. http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum
terryt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2005, 8:08 PM   #5

I have had the printer for about a year and have never used anything but canon inks

and have never had any trouble with the printer before. I replaced the cartridges

actually the black one the day before the yellow and photocyan because the printer sais they were empty. I had printed a number of prints after the black replacement

and had no trouble but as soon as i replaced the yellow and photo cyan the green cast appeared. again all canon inks. is it possible the ink could be bad?

geno
Old Dec 28, 2005, 4:58 AM   #6

I note that the i9900 is an 8 ink printer. I would try the following.

1. Remove each of the 8 cartridges (having first checked they were actually in their corrrect positions in the first place).

2. Examine the now empty cartridge bay of the print head...see if their is any evidence of excess leakage from any of the carts ..thru bad seating or poor operation of feed. If so mop up with a tissue or similar.

3. Check each of the carts that they are not "leaking " from the bottom feed , that they look "right " (not contaminated by another color). If the yellow has contamination localised around the bottom feed area....this can be overcome by the following method:-

3a. replace all the carts in their proper positions ensuring they are seated correctly.

4. Print a test print 6 times in a row and note whether there is a difference (reduction) of the green cast from the first to the last.If there is you can overcome the problem (on a temporary basis) by purging the printer before each major session. This is not ideal but will keep you going a bit longer. I have used this method on Canon 6200, and Canon 820S. I currently have a Canon 4000 and a Canon 5200.

5. Consider asking Canon for a new print head replacement / getting another printer/ buying another print head.
headphonesman is offline   Reply With Quote