Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Dec 29, 2005, 7:27 AM   #1

hi all/ Iam having a problem with my r200 i know there is enough ink in the printer to print, but the green light only comes on when i switch it on, then it goes out and the two red lights flashes simultaneously and will not go off no matter what i try, I have tried to reenstall the drivers but to no avail, i can't get the ink cartridges to move to try and change ink. please help many thanks Alex.
alex james is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 30, 2005, 7:36 AM   #2

what does the manual say about 2 red lights flashing if this is not the problem i think you can do some sort of reset if not i guess it may be a mechanical problem with the carriage but i'm just guessing
davelerave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2005, 9:33 AM   #3

alex james wrote:
Quote:
hi all/ Iam having a problem with my r200 i know there is enough ink in the printer to print, but the green light only comes on when i switch it on, then it goes out and the two red lights flashes simultaneously and will not go off no matter what i try, I have tried to reenstall the drivers but to no avail, i can't get the ink cartridges to move to try and change ink. please help many thanks Alex.
Sounds a little like you might have hit the "service required" issue... You can confirm this by installing the status monitor and checking the status message shown on it.

If it is the service required, then it's most likely that your waste ink pads are loaded with ink and they need changing.

You can resolve the issue by taking it to a service depot or following the instructions here:
http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=40

... plus grabbing the SSC utility (google: SSC epson) and using that to reset the printers waste ink counter.

Hope that helps.
websnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2006, 5:49 AM   #4

yup for sure its either printer needs re setting with ssc util as it counts head cleans and shut down after so many to keep waste ink tank overflowing.........all epsons do this !!

other possiblity with a r200 is that the cd tray is open or not snapped shut

after a turn off and on with tray open lights just flash red......closing to door lets printer resums its normal life :-)
Reanimator is offline   Reply With Quote