Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jan 3, 2006, 6:29 PM   #1

Using CD LabelPrint V1.1.0 with my ip5000 I can't resize the inner hole to 17mm for print to hub DVD's. All the program will allow me to get to is -10 which is about 32mm !

PROBLEM SOLVED.... All I had to do was choose user defined for media types
mowermanEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 4, 2006, 8:11 AM   #2

Good job you sorted it yourself (like I did) this was the reply I had from the Canon "Help "???? desk when I asked them a year ago............................................... ..

"The label printing software will not allow you to print the full face of the CD.We are not aware of any other software which will allow you to do this"

I did not bother to pursue their ignorance of their product with them after I had found the File/select Paper/edit option. Some people were writing hardware/driver hacks to get around it !!!! ....but soon found this hidden option as well.

I am quite happy to use the Canon Software and find it adequate for my needs, but I have managed to configure the Acoustica Label and Avery DesignPro programs (better custom design content) to work with the Canon ip4000 Printer CD facility.........by trial and error of the labeltype/brand and the x/y alignment

happy (full-face) CD printing!

Thank you for your recent enquiry regarding your Canon product.
"
The 17mm figure Thank you for your recent enquiry regarding your Canon product.

The 17mm figure you refer to indicates the minimum radius, not diameter. The label printing software will not allow you to print the full face of the CD. We are not aware of any other software that will allow this.

We hope this information is of use to you. However, should you require any further technical assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us quoting your Incident number.you refer to indicates the minimum radius, not diameter. The label printing software will not allow you to print the full face of the CD. We are not aware of any other software that will allow this.

We hope this information is of use to you. However, should you require any further technical assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us quoting your Incident number.

headphonesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2006, 8:35 PM   #3

I'll have to try that next time myself. I did find another program which prints cd labels and full hub printing. Although you have to pay for it. But it supports the Pixma printers and cd printing.

Acoustica CD/DVD Label Maker
http://www.acoustica.com/cd-label-maker/

Edit: After typing this I see the 2nd post already mentioned it sorry about that.

tcool93 is offline   Reply With Quote