Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jan 4, 2006, 11:13 AM   #1

this m/c is just off warranty,how I wish I had a tech.manual for it.I used to be a service rep with the old Burroughs co. [now unisys]

I have been reading some of the posts,and tried using asyringe from and old reink kit for my HP.I didn't do much blowing ,mostly sucked and things are now much better.What is this cleaner and where can I find it.I would love to pull the right end of the case but have learned over the years to be careful when guessing.

Any ideas

thanks Bob
carryduff is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 4, 2006, 6:47 PM   #2

Pulling the end off the printer won't get you far in any case.

It's OK to apply pressure to the print nozzles -- just don't overdo it (a small diameter syringe can apply a lot of pressure and too much will do physical damage.)

Use an ammonia-based glass cleaning fluid, and if it's a bad clog leave it stand at least overnight (put a bit on the parking pad as well, just to help things along.)

It's also OK to physically clean the underside of the heads -- soak a strip of lint-free cloth with cleaning fluid, lay it along the bottom of the printer, move the carriage over it, pick up the ends and pull to and fro.

You can move the carriage from the parked position without turning the printer on by lifting the release lock -- it's a small plastic trigger to the left of the carriage between the guide rail and the belt.

I hope this helps.
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2006, 6:47 PM   #3

Oops -- double post. :?
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote