Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Mar 12, 2003, 10:00 AM   #11

Thanks MK, I'll give those a try next week.
Dawgcatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2003, 8:34 PM   #12

WOW!!

I can't believe it! The Canon tech actually knew what he was doing! I just installed my new print head and inks and WOW!! PERFECT PHOTOS!! One little line was missing in the black section only during my nozzle test and I guess that was enough to throw it out of wack!

Thanks for all your help everyone. After looking at pink for days, my "new" prints alsomt look a little greenish blue.

Hey, MK, if your out there, I downloaded several ICC profiles, and I couldn't tell much if any difference from those and the suggested profile in the initial setup instructions. But that was very helpful for the Office Depot paper, as I'm sure it is considerably less expensive.

I would love to share my test photo with you guys. Can someone point me in the direction of the photo posting instructions?

See ya round!
Dawgcatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2003, 12:20 PM   #13

If you use a sort of broadband connection. Most broadband providers provide a certain amount of webspace for you to post photos and such. Do that log into your website then upload the photos.
Gregersonsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2003, 3:34 PM   #14
MK

Jack, those profile files do work wonderfully. How are you using them? You can NOT specify/use them in the Canon print driver. Don't confuse 'Profile' in your print driver. 'Profile' in Canon terminology is just a set of parameters defined by the user. For example, you might have an Epson Glossy 'profile' that you set for printing 4x6s on Epson Glossy paper, etc.

You need to use a printing program or any other application that utilizes profile files. QImage is one that does and that's what I use. There should be an area in the application where you can specify the location of these profile files. If your application does not support custom color profiling then these files won't be much use to you.

This totally solved my greenish caste problem that you are now seeing.
MK is offline   Reply With Quote