Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jan 5, 2006, 11:30 PM   #1

Hi all, looking for all three parts of the Epson service manual. I have R200-R210.part1.rar and R200-R210.part2.rar, but I need part 3 to extract the whole manual. Can anyone help or tell me how to remove the cover. I am going to route the CIS tubing through the back side. Thanks!
G
gokumura is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 6, 2006, 9:09 AM   #2

gokumura wrote:
Quote:
Hi all, looking for all three parts of the Epson service manual. I have R200-R210.part1.rar and R200-R210.part2.rar, but I need part 3 to extract the whole manual. Can anyone help or tell me how to remove the cover. I am going to route the CIS tubing through the back side. Thanks!
G
You don't need the service manual..

You just need to remove that little hatch that you see at the back left (as you look at the back of the unit)...

Then follow these directions..:
http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=40
websnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2006, 9:30 AM   #3

Sorry if I steered everyone wrong, I have already done the drain mod. This is the smoked cover that you lift up when you change the ink cartridges. I would like to know how to remove it so that I can fit the CIS tubes between the body and this cover. Thanks!
G
Old Jan 6, 2006, 9:47 AM   #4

gokumura wrote:
Quote:
Sorry if I steered everyone wrong, I have already done the drain mod. This is the smoked cover that you lift up when you change the ink cartridges. I would like to know how to remove it so that I can fit the CIS tubes between the body and this cover. Thanks!
G
Hmm.. Not sure what CFS kit you are trying to use but I've installed a number of kits on the R200 and R300 models (as well as others) and never needed to take the actual cover off.

However if I'm reading this right you just want to remove the semi-transparent lid off and that just requires a flat head screwdriver to put between the body and the lid at the hinge end and then gently levering the lid away from the body until the pin pops out.

Should take about 5 to 10 seconds to do.

websnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2006, 11:16 AM   #5

websnail, I thought that was all you had to do, but I wanted to make sure. The CIS/CFS system was going to be a jlw kit, but I'm going with another. However, seems like when you remove the cover and fit the tubing between the body and the cover that the installation is a little more neat looking. Anyway, thanks for the help and heads up!!
G
Old Jan 7, 2006, 2:08 AM   #6

So it can be run under the cover from the rear, the current JLW kit uses a smaller diameter tube than all others I've seen.

If you run the standard size tubes between the cover and the body, you'll crush and eventually damage them, plus it will restrict ink flow.

Check the arc of the hinged area as you lift the cover and you'll see what I mean.
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2006, 2:19 AM   #7

Idle, I will do that. I can always use my grinder to make a notch the width and depth of the tubes so that there is no restriction. Thanks for the update.
G
Old Sep 17, 2006, 12:55 PM   #8

I found a PDF of the Epson R200 and R210 here. Don't know about the rar part1 and part2 thing, this is the whole PDF.....

http://www.timtaylor.net/Tech_Stuff.htm

Lee
LeeMax is offline   Reply With Quote