Sponsored Links
Old Jan 6, 2006, 3:52 PM   #2

weapon wrote:
Quote:
Tray type "B" is part # QL2-0605-000

Tray type "C" Is part # ???-????-???

Tray type "D" Is part # ???-????-???

Thanks.
[size=Tray type D I think is QL2-1203-000, at least according to someone on e-bay selling one.

][/size][/b]
zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2006, 2:41 PM   #3

It is confirmed tray type "D" is part # QL2-1203-000

So now we need to know what part # "C" is...
weapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2006, 4:05 PM   #4

You might add that "QL2-0348-000" is tray type A

That way we can guess that

ql2-03 - i series
ql2-06 - old pixma series
ql2-12 - new pixma mp series

ql2-0?9?- new pixma series

Old Jan 9, 2006, 6:09 AM   #5

Tray c is QL2-0931-000 - found on ebay
Neighbor395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2006, 12:43 PM   #6

thanks
weapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2006, 11:27 PM   #7

Some of the prices they are getting for the auction cd trays are just completly insane. I've seen them selling for $70, many times now.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Canon employees are the ones selling them, knowing that they have control over the market. Limit the supply, and jack up prices. It would give them the motivation not to sell them to people directly.

Somewhere I read that Epson holds the patent to cd printing, but if thats true, I find it hard to believe Canon can't find a way around that. Why isn't Canon sued then for selling the trays in other countries? It doesn't make any sense.

I'm sure Canon has lost tons of sales in the U.S. because they don't include the cd print tray.

tcool93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2006, 4:48 AM   #8

tcool93 wrote:
Quote:
Some of the prices they are getting for the auction cd trays are just completly insane. I've seen them selling for $70, many times now.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Canon employees are the ones selling them, knowing that they have control over the market. Limit the supply, and jack up prices. It would give them the motivation not to sell them to people directly.

Somewhere I read that Epson holds the patent to cd printing, but if thats true, I find it hard to believe Canon can't find a way around that. Why isn't Canon sued then for selling the trays in other countries? It doesn't make any sense.

I'm sure Canon has lost tons of sales in the U.S. because they don't include the cd print tray.

You've got to remember that the patent has been issued in the USA and not for the rest of the world. The US is just a nightmare when it comes to patents with the patent office letting companies get away with murder, possibly in the hope that they'll end up with everything made by Americans.. *sigh*.

Either way, it's not something that other countries have to adhere to or accept so the US consumer ends up suffering.

As for the conspiracy theory, could be right, could be wrong but I know that there's a lot of people buying up refurb'd units or even new units and then splitting up the parts to sell seperately at over inflated prices.. eg: printhead for £50+, carts as sealed originals, CD tray and then the printer with the small print noting the lack of the spare parts... Net result is a lot of people are getting their fingers burned, but the sellers are raking it in.

It sucks but life is rarely fair :sad:
websnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2006, 5:33 AM   #9

websnail wrote:
Quote:
You've got to remember that the patent has been issued in the USA and not for the rest of the world. The US is just a nightmare when it comes to patents with the patent office letting companies get away with murder, possibly in the hope that they'll end up with everything made by Americans.. *sigh*.
As for the conspiracy theory, could be right, could be wrong but I know that there's a lot of people buying up refurb'd units or even new units and then splitting up the parts to sell seperately at over inflated prices.. eg: printhead for £50+, carts as sealed originals, CD tray and then the printer with the small print noting the lack of the spare parts... Net result is a lot of people are getting their fingers burned, but the sellers are raking it in.

It sucks but life is rarely fair :sad:

I rather thought it was a patent issue with CDs and DVDs them selfs, not with CD printing. I could be wrong but I keep hearing the issue is with Phillips not Epson. Other inkjet based CD printers exist just none in the consumer market.

As far as conspiricies go, I think the main conspiricy is apothy, as in canon does not care if US users enable the feature because they are getting something extra, they don't have to pay extra to make it, and they don't have to pay Phillips squat.

As far as parts sold for inflated prices... there is a conspircy there... but it's one that prices whole printers typicaly under the their production value. For example there are brother pritners in the UK that cost 150 quid, where a replacement head costs 200 quid. I don't think they are trying to extract extra money, I think they are honestly paying more for the printhead than the printer hoping you'll buy more ink to make up the cost where if they sold the head for less than it's worth some other company would come by, buy heads from their online store, and be able to undersell them.

Though I have observed that canon printheads are cheaper on Japanese websites... but I honestly don't have any idea as to their value.

But this CD printing issue doesn't bug me so much. What does bug me is in Japan there is other than lightscribe... labelflash by fuji and yamaha. But from my understanding it will not be officaly released in America due to HP's paten on Lightscribe... annoying as LabelFlash has been in the works for 3 years and claims 256 grey scale levels.