Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jan 9, 2006, 6:46 PM   #1

I'm trying to help my nephew convert my mom's ip4000 to enable it to print but for some reason it's not going into the service mode. He's using "5 Easy Steps" and he said he thought he did everything as per instructions but the printer never prints out a diagnostic to confirm he's in service mode? Any ideas?

Also yesterday I tried helping him make a tray but again we had no luck. I have a UK Canon ip5000 so I had a enabled printer to try the tray on plus a factory tray to copy off of. The homemade tray seems to go in easy enough (I pushed it in as far as I could to to start with) and it shuffles the tray in and out like it should, then pushes it clear out (like it should) but then fails to suck it back in the final time to print. I pretty sure we tried pushing it in on the final stage but it didn't take it instead getting a printing error. I think it said something like there was no cd in the tray. Any ideas?

I fogot to mention we were again following Nightcrawler's "5 Easy Steps". The only thing I really didn't like about the tray we made was I didn't feel the disc set down in it too securely but since we couldn't get it to print I really don't know how that would effect the disc while being printed. I think my nephew is going to try to make another tray out of a slim double dvd case he found instructions for to see if it would work better.

I sure wish there was alot of trays for sale floating around here like there was for awhile because having a factory sure makes things easier.
mccoady is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 9, 2006, 11:36 PM   #2

I had problems when I first did it... I can't remember for certain, but I THINK it started working when I put the paper in the top tray, and for whatever reason it didn't want to print out from the bottom.

Either that or it was the other way around, I can't remember for certain.

mccoady wrote:
Quote:
I'm trying to help my nephew convert my mom's ip4000 to enable it to print but for some reason it's not going into the service mode. He's using "5 Easy Steps" and he said he thought he did everything as per instructions but the printer never prints out a diagnostic to confirm he's in service mode? Any ideas?
tcool93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2006, 3:48 PM   #3

My nephew figured it out he forgot to close the tray door before starting.
mccoady is offline   Reply With Quote