Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jan 11, 2006, 10:58 PM   #1

I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me out.
I bought some Crane Museo artist cards which are basically card stock that can take injet printing to make your own cards.
They are two halves 4 1/2 x 5 15/16 in size folded in the middle. Like any greeting card.
The problem is that I can't fit the paper in my printer in such a way that the print comes out properly.
The pixma prints 4x6 prints by loading photo paper in vertically. If I try it with the cards I have to fold them and they will not feed. If I try to open the card and print one half, the paper is too big to fit at all.
I'm trying to figure out a way to maybe adjust my settings to make it work but I'm completely stumped.
I'd really appreciate it if anyone could give me some directions.
Thanks
Nocontact is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 12, 2006, 9:42 AM   #2

Have you tried switching the page orientation to landscape? It's under the Page Setup tab in the print driver.

I typically use Qimage for this type of printing. It allows for much more control over where the image is printed. Could be worth a try.
DaiButsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2006, 11:27 AM   #3

For some reason 'Landscape' isn't making a difference. I tried that but for some reason it's not printing as the preview indicates it should.
I've tried a few times with Qimage but so far no luck. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong here. There has to be an easy fix for this but my brain just can't get it.
Nocontact is offline   Reply With Quote