Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Mar 12, 2003, 11:25 AM   #1

Default Epson 950 (960) vs Canon i850?

I have decided to get a colour laser printer for all my graphical work as suggested by you guys. I still have my epson 950 (equivalent to 960?) and want to know which printer is better. The Epson or Canon i850? I could sell my epson and get a new canon and have some spare change left over.
troi21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 12, 2003, 12:00 PM   #2

That one compared to the cannon i850. Hmmmm the Epson uses 8 different drop sizes, the canon i850 uses 2 drop sizes. The epson uses 6 colors, the canon uses 3 colors. The epson can print directly on cd's, The cannon cant. Although the cannon would probably be cheaper on ink by about 16-20 cents a print.
Gregersonsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2003, 12:30 PM   #3

Im not too concerned about the cd printing because i have a separate professional cd printer. is the epson 925 the equivalent to the 950 but without the cd printing capabilities?
thanks for your help
troi21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2003, 5:19 PM   #4

The epson 925 I think might suit your needs. But I also think you might be dissapointed with the speed differences. The epson 960 prints at almost double the speed of the 925. Not to mention the 960 can do a higher resolution on the verticle scale. The only other printer I would consider possibly trading in for would be the cannon i950 because of its faster speed and that it is 100 bucks cheaper here in america than the epson 960.
Gregersonsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote