Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jan 22, 2006, 8:32 PM   #1

Hi guys I need some help fixing the print quality problem I am having with my epson r300. I have had this printer for almost a year now and mainly use it to print photo. I have a CIS system and it was printing great until all of a sudden the photo were coming out grainy and fuzzy looks pixelated. If you from far away you barely notice it but up close it does not look as smooth as before I had this problem. I thought it was my CIS so I bought new cartridges and replace my CIS and was still having the same problem. I normal only print photo and CD but recently i been using it to print lots of documents, I don't know how that can be the problem.

Thanks in advance

newyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 22, 2006, 9:44 PM   #2

"Grainy & pixelated" prints are usually the result of poor resolution. Before you print your next picture, use your editing software to confirm the resolution that it is sending to the printer. If you have been printing documents lately, maybe a setting or two got changed. Documents usually don't need the same resolution as photos to look acceptable.

Grant
granthagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2006, 7:44 AM   #3

You could actually have reset the quality settings to print in draft mode which would explain it as well..

Check the print preferences on that score..
websnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2006, 1:18 AM   #4

Before I print any photo I always setup my printer setting and it is always set to the highest possible. I think the problem is my print head, because only some part of the photo turn up grainy. Any help on how to fix that or would it be cheaper to just buy a new printer. I think a canon would fix my problem which of canon has a great ink refill system and excellent photo quality?
newyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2006, 3:39 AM   #5

It may also be that your printer needs cleaning -- the paper feed might be erratic.
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote