Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jan 25, 2006, 2:59 PM   #1

I can't figure out what is going on with my printer. In the last month or so, all of my greys have a red shift and print as magenta. I did some investigating, and found that if I put an extra black cartridge into the Photo Magenta slot, it prints normally (grey). So what I've gathered is that for some reason my printer thinks that the Photo Magenta cartridge is the Black cartridge, but it manages to print solid blacks correctly. It's just anything with less than 100% black prints as whatever percent of Photo Magenta. I've checked the nozzles, I've upgraded the drivers, and nothing seems to work. Is there any explanation for this?
rygar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 28, 2006, 7:44 AM   #2

Yikes...You put a black in place of photo magenta, it will take some flushing to correct that.

If all the inks are in the correct compartments there is that possibilty that there is a leakage in the head chamber.

It would be easy enough to drop the head into another printer just to try if you can do this with the 9100, I use the ip5000 which will allow this to be done and will certainly confirm.

Using non OEM inks or even non OEM paper can produce varying hues etc because of their pH content, I guess this imay be a fairly common ailment.

davy is offline   Reply With Quote