Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jan 27, 2006, 11:45 AM   #1

Hi!

First let me say, your site has been so helpful to me!

I had to replace my HD and my printer was sitting idly for quite awhile and my printer is not printing at all.

At first I thought I needed to reinstall the printer, which I did. Thought possible it was the driver, it's not. I replaced the ink even though it wasn't completely empty.

I did the cleaning and deep cleaning 3x as you suggested and followed instructions to reset or empty the ink thing.

I read suggestions about cleaning the print head.

Here's is my extremely dumb question-

Where exactly is the print head? I'm visual I guess and can't seem to understand unless I see a picture.

Is the print head the container that all the ink cartridges fit in? I read suggestions about soaking it in warm water. Would I soak the whole thing in warm water?

I also read about the compressed air. Where exactly would I shoot the compressed air? (computer moron here.)

Thanks so much for any help you can give me.

Carol

catki86226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 27, 2006, 12:56 PM   #2

hi Carol,

You are correct, the printhead is also the carrier for the cartridges.
remove all cartridges--release the printhead locking lever--pull slightly toward
you and the printhead should easily remove upward.--just don't force anything.
Remember to place a cap or piece of tape over the cartridge outlet hole to prevent your cartridges from drying out

But for detailed cleaning instruction I recommend you go to the "nifty stuff forums"
Just google the name without the quotes. I am not familar with yout exact model printer but it sounds like you might have a printhead clog--there are a variety of processes depending on how clogged your printhead is--and most will recommend the milder method be tried first.----but keep your hands high on the printhead--you don't want to damage any electrical contacts which tend to be located on the rear underneath side.

Good luck-----usually a little time and a little windex works wonders.-----and lots of experienced people can help you at nifty stuff forums.--------just costs a little time and tlc.
Osage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2006, 7:48 PM   #3

Thank you so much!

I don't want to speak too soon, but I think it's working!
catki86226 is offline   Reply With Quote