Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jan 30, 2006, 5:23 PM   #1

Hi,

I have a reasonably new R200, it sat for a while while I was doing other things, and

whenI tried to use it again I got two flashing red lights, and an error message

telling me to delete any pending jobs, turn off the printer, and clear any paper jams.

Well, I did all of this, also, uninstalled, then reinstalled everthing serval times, with

the same result.

I went to my Macintosh and tried on it and got the same message, and the same

result.

I tried holding down on buttons while restarting the printer. Nothing seems to work.

I like the quality of print, and know epsons are quality.

Can anyone out there help me?

Thanks!

giladream is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 2, 2006, 6:47 AM   #2

I seem to be having the same problem with my 18 month old R300. I'll check back here for possible solution soon.
Pickwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2006, 4:22 AM   #3

Hello,

I have an R300 that is doing the exact ame thing. Paper feeds great down to what looks like the correct setting then the error light comes on and Paper Jam error displays. Is there some way to reset the printer? HP has a "soft" and a "hard" reset for their printers. Sounds to me like a sensor problem, but I await a solution from the experts on this forum.

Thanks,

Sporty
sportydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2006, 3:23 PM   #4

I am having a similar problem with a hardly used R300 , about two and a half years old ! Paper jam message with no jam and paper will feed thro a test page ?
woodcarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2006, 9:22 AM   #5

Hello,

I am waiting for a reply from Epson support, but I don't hold much stock in their ability to fix the problem. I have tried all printer operations from the computer and from the printer itself and now have a little different results.

When I access the "nozzle check" from the printer or the computer, the R300 works great!!!. The paper comes down, and the nozzle check prints. All other operations from the printer or the computer give the paper jam error even though the paper stops at the exact same place that it does for the nozzle check. The leading edge of the paper stops 1-1/4 inches in front of the rollers and 1/8 inch before the silver bar that it goes under.

I'll post if Epson has any ideas.

Sporty
sportydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2006, 2:25 PM   #6

Thanks for the heads up sporty:-) That's similar to my problem ,all Epson support say's is take it to an authorised depot. They have a minimum $65.00 fee with NO promise of a fix.

I would have thought with so many Epsons out there with problems and the relatively low cost of a new printer there is an opportunity to open an exchange program for about $50.00 to $ 60.00 that would be profitable.

Maybe I'll start a franchise .CISS systems ,cheap ink , exchange printers ???

woodcarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2006, 3:23 PM   #7

I have got an Epson R220 with a CISS for about 6 month andI have printed over 2000 photos. It is just amaising, the quality of photos is the same as the original Epson cartridges. I would recomanded to anyone who wants freedon over the prints without spending a fortne. Try Ebay you could fine very best deals. Make sure yoy buy the same refill. If the CISS comes with dye ink buy dye ink refil not sublimation or pigment. Never mix different inks.
dorel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2006, 8:33 PM   #8

First, try pulling the power cord and leaving it for an hour or so, then reconnect and test.

Second, if that does no good, repeat the process but this time also uninstall the printer drivers, download the latest you can find from Epson and start over from scratch.

Since all the users above seem to report their printers can do nozzle checks and print test pages, it's obviously not a hardware problem but either the printer's firmware, the driver software or both getting its legs crossed.

Apart from that, I haven't a clue -- and don't expect Epson to tell you, even if they know (they have a service chain to protect -- $$$ --. )

Edit: Just re-read Giladream's post -- You might have had an ink leak or dust accumulation while it was standing -- have you tried a thorough clean in that area?

There's a LED photo sensor on the back of the print carriage that reads the head position from the translucent plastic strip, plus sensors for the paper position and the loading on the paper feed motor.

Here's something cut & pasted from the service manual that might help (note the lights are read from left to right on the R200's):

Following is the Blink timing of each Blink condition.
-- : No change of the LED status
Blink : 0.5sec. on + 0.5sec. off
Blink 2 : 0.2sec. on + 0.2sec. off + 0.2sec. on + 0.4sec. off
Fast Blink : 0.1sec. on + 0.1sec. off
Alternant Blink 1 : Same as Blink
Alternant Blink 2 : Same as Blink

Fatal error: Off Fast Blink Fast Blink
This error is detected when ;
1. "Carriage Unit" cannot move correctly by the
external force in each operation.

2. "PF Motor" (paper feed) cannot rotate correctly while "PF
Motor" operates
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2006, 11:00 PM   #9

:?you have to clean sensor under left upper corner on the carrage . Use compress

air- duster. It`s hard to reach - use little straw bend to face upwards.
nnneptun is offline   Reply With Quote