Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jan 31, 2006, 12:29 PM   #1

Does any body have information as to how long the prints made with Canon i9900 will last assuming theCanon inks are used. Thanks for your help.
msahota is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 31, 2006, 3:14 PM   #2

msahota

I have used the Canon I9100, the model the I9900 replaced. It used the same cartridges, except the red and green. I used only Canon inks, and depending on paper used, I was able to get a few months to about 2 years from the print. These were under glass, framed and hanging on the wall where they did not get direct sunlight.

Canon Pro paper lasted less than a year for me in this enviroment, with Pictorico Gallery gloss lasting nearly 2 years.

Bill
Speedie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2006, 3:21 PM   #3

Thanks, Bill. Two years is not a hell of long time. I have been using Canon i950, which gave up the other day. I like the canon image quality but I did not know about the permanance of the images. I was trying to decide between the Canon i9900 and the Epson R1800. I think I will be going for the Epson R1800, which claims to produce prints that have a 100+ years life. Thanks again.
Old Jan 31, 2006, 3:38 PM   #4

msahota

Your welcome with the info on my experience withprint life.

I decided to go with the Epson R2400. This is a great printer, in color and b&w. I was going to get the R1800, but after talking to some pro's I went the 2400 route. I know that it is expensive, but the prints are just amazing from it. The same print from the Canon to Epson is like night and day. I could not believe the difference on how much better the Epson was.

If you can hold off a few weeks, the rumor is that Canon might have their new 10 ink pigment wide format printer at the PMA show. If they do, then this would give the Epson 2400 a run for its money.

Bill
Speedie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2006, 6:30 PM   #5

Thanks for the reassurance for buying the Epson. I think I will stick with the R1800. R2400 is bit much. Cant wait for the Canon 10-ink pigment. Later.