Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Feb 1, 2006, 8:39 AM   #1

Just recently received a Cannon iP5000 and printed a photo of a bird on plain paper by mistake instead of 4 x 6 photo paper as I did not put the feeder switch to cassette where I had the photo paper. The image on the plain paper is washed out compared to the image printed on photo paper. But the important point is the photo paper image is a lot softer than the plain paper image.

Now my question: How do I print on photo paper so I get the same sharpness that I got on plain paper?

My impression is that too much ink is being lain down by the printer and it smears a little on the glossy paper but absorbed by the plain paper.. Am I right? Both pints were at the same settings: 4 x 6 borderless, high print quality, auto color adjustment andno effects.

Need some suggestions.

TIA

Stan
stnkline is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 2, 2006, 12:00 PM   #2

A few questions.

1) What software are you using to print your pictures?
2) Did you set your paper type to Photo Paper?
3) What brand photo paper are you using?

For me, I have found that the Canon Easy Photo Print is the best and Easiest program to use to print pictures. Also as far as paper goes, I use either Canon, Kodak paper for prints that are really important, and Staples Photo Plus paper for everyday pictures and all three papers are GREAT.

With Canon's Easy Photo Print, the software takes care of making sure the printer is set to the correct settings. All you have to do is under Paper Selection, is set the Size of the print and the Type of photo paper you are using.

For The Canon and Kodak paper I found "Photo Paper Pro" was the best and for the Staples paper, "Glossy Photo Paper" worked the best.
gwheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2006, 1:56 PM   #3

gwheaton wrote:
Quote:
A few questions.

1) What software are you using to print your pictures?
2) Did you set your paper type to Photo Paper?
3) What brand photo paper are you using?

For me, I have found that the Canon Easy Photo Print is the best and Easiest program to use to print pictures. Also as far as paper goes, I use either Canon, Kodak paper for prints that are really important, and Staples Photo Plus paper for everyday pictures and all three papers are GREAT.

With Canon's Easy Photo Print, the software takes care of making sure the printer is set to the correct settings. All you have to do is under Paper Selection, is set the Size of the print and the Type of photo paper you are using.

For The Canon and Kodak paper I found "Photo Paper Pro" was the best and for the Staples paper, "Glossy Photo Paper" worked the best.
1:- I am using 'Canon's Easy Photo Print'. I now always set it to print preview as Photo Print crops and usually needs to be set for landscape vs normal printing of portrait.

2:- Set to Photo Paper Pro Maybe use Photo Paper Glossy?

3:- Using Staples Photo Supreme

I'lltry some Staples Photo Plus with the $3 per ink jet cartridges coupons. Have 6 more.

I'll have to print the same image using Photo Paper Glossy

Thanks for taking the time to answer!!!

Stan
stnkline is offline   Reply With Quote