Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Mar 18, 2003, 9:36 PM   #1
sfd

Default Canon S9000 and Epson papers

Have read many of the posts about the comparisons between the Epson 2200 and Canon S9000. Can anyone tell me if they have used the Epson Archival Matte Papers with the Canon S9000 with quality results? If so, what is your guess at the lightfast time with this combination. I want to print some pictures on matte paper to frame for my home. Am a big fan of the Epson papers and wonder how they perform on the Canon printer given Canon does not have a matte quality paper yet.
sfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 19, 2003, 2:56 AM   #2

They will perform equally or better than cannons papers. I think cannon also has a matte finish setting that you can use. Although if you want the best results build yourself an icc profile for the paper or you might be able to get an icc profile from someone online.

Oh yes one thing I forgot to mention is that the cannon matte paper setting would probably work well on the epson heavyweight matte paper but the archival matte even though it is capable of producing a better result will most likely require a little bit of color tuning to get things just right. But to answer your question yes this paper will work well in your cannon printer.

If you want archival glossy paper I would reccomend looking for the epson color life semiglossy paper. This paper will last three times longer than the cannon glossy papers and at the same time produce a spectacular result(printer needs to be set at cannon film setting to print on color life paper). But color profiles again are something you want to think about.
Gregersonsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote