Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Mar 23, 2003, 8:10 PM   #1

Default help needed printing a stack of envelopes at once

I have an old epson 660 inkjet and from time to time, need to print out a batch of envelopes with return addresses. The paper tray can successfully feed a stack of envelopes, however, is there an option in epson's software, (or upgrade?) to allow printing stacks of return addressed envelopes with just one click of the print button, instead of having to click on the tools/print button each time for each return addressed envelope printed?
daveyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 23, 2003, 8:56 PM   #2

hmmm good question. I personally use word to do my envelopes it pretty much does the sizing for me I never set the size on the printer. On the computer I do tell word my envelop size.
Gregersonsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2003, 9:17 PM   #3

I have sucessfully used Microsoft Word (using mail merge) to print a bunch of envelopes. The results are much nicer than using mailing labels.

Back in the old days when my son was a missionary in Romania, I used this technique to send out his news letters. I printed his news letters as two files, one with just the color highlights and pictures and another just the black print. The black part I had copied commercially then ran the pages through my ink jet printer to do the color part. On special holidays I added color to the mail merged envelopes.
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2003, 5:14 PM   #4

Thanks for the replies. Interesting story Wildman.
Actually I didn't explain myself well in my first post.
I do use Word to print return addresses on my envelopes.
I go into tools, Letters and mailings, envelopes and labels,
and up pops the print prompt. If I leave the delivery address area blank and print it out, I get an unaddressed envelope with a retun address (entered once as default) only. I print out a stack of them once and a while for my work. Using this feature, however, is limited to printing one envelope at a time and so I have to keep clicking on tools, letters and mailings, envelopes and labels and print for each envelope.
What would I need to be able to print out these stacks of "return addressed" envelopes in one sequence of commands. Thanks.
PS: I do not use so many envelopes that it pays to go to a professional printing company and have them printed.
Old Mar 24, 2003, 8:34 PM   #5

Wait I just need to be sure I'm getting this right. Are you only printing the return address?? IF so all you gota do is when you print tell it you want multiple copies and how many. I'm not sure if this is your thinking. IF you are doing multiple mailing addresses and you want a single button to get to the envelops I would look into making a hotkey. These should be explained in the microsoft help file.
Old Mar 25, 2003, 8:28 PM   #6

thanks again for your help... Where does Word give you the option of printing multiple copies of envelopes with just the return addresses? Can't seem to find it.
Old Mar 25, 2003, 10:15 PM   #7

Well I just tried and and just discovered what you are trying to do and also discovered that it is a feature that is very much missing from word. But I discovered you a solution.

Install this program http://download.com.com/redir?pid=55...2Fenvelp60.exe

Its all of about 1 megabyte max. Once it is installed.

Go to C:\envelopes Then right click the envelope icon then say creat shortcut then move shortcut onto desktop. This program will make however many copies you want when you go to print you can just select the number of copies you are doing and for another 15 bucks it will do it on any size of envelope.
Old Mar 27, 2003, 4:28 PM   #8
lg

Just make a Word document with a paper size that exactly matches your envelope, and type your return address on it. Save the file for future reference. When you are ready to print, just set it to print the number of copies you want. When the stack of envelopes runs out, just let the printer fault. Then, reload another stack of envelopes and press the paper feed button. It'll work like a charm...
lg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2003, 6:39 PM   #9

ingenious!!!
Now why didn't I think of that? Thanks guys