Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Feb 15, 2006, 4:35 PM   #1

Hi everyone,Many of us use the R200 - R300 for printing DVD's and have had problems with the tray going in and out.┬* Here is what I have learned.┬*┬* OK, they have┬*shaped the end of the tray a bit different and I orderred 2 of them.┬* You can modify your old one to almost exactly what the new tray is.┬* If you stand the 2 trays on a table straight up... butt to butt, the old one is longer and has the needed meat to cut and end up with a newstyle. Everything else on the trays are located the same from the bottom end to the top.┬* There are 2 problems with the old tray.┬* Some folks report the clear plastic end getting bent and then it won't feed.┬* That end is not there anymore.┬* That was never my problem.┬* The printer has 2 sets of rollers.┬* The outer rollers are rubber and the inner main roller is steel.┬* The steel roller slowly grates on the bottom of the tray and marks it up with a kind of plastic-dusty substance.┬* This lessons the "gription" and the tray will not feed or exit properly.┬* I first applied a layer of packing tape to the bottom and that helped.┬* Then I sanded it with the finest wet-dry sand paper and that made it worse.┬* I then applied packing tape and pulled it off to remove any fine plastic particles and that made it much better.┬* So now, if it will not feed right... I just use packing tape to remove anything causing a lack of friction (kind of what your wife does with packing tape to get lint and dust off her dark fancy cloths).┬* Just rubbing the backside with another piece of plastic, kind of burnishes the backside and it has more friction. Rub your hands on the part that is new compared to the part that is marked up and you will feel the difference┬* in friction.┬*┬* I guess you could clean it with something if you found the right cleaning┬* fluid.┬* Cleaning the rubber rollers with alcohol or rubber cleaner helps too.┬* So now, I have 2 of these R200 printers... and have done close to 4000 DVD's and still going strong.┬*┬*I have tried to upload 3 jpg's that show both trays and the modified one, but can n ot seem to do it. ┬* ┬*┬* ┬*glenn
Attached Images

gwoiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 15, 2006, 4:37 PM   #2

Here is the second image
Attached Images

Old Feb 15, 2006, 4:37 PM   #3

This is the third image
Attached Images