Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Feb 16, 2006, 8:07 AM   #1

I converted my Canon Pixma IP4000 to print CDs with the "B" tray.

Only one time have I gotten it to print black ink. All the rest of the now-ruined CDs display all colors except black!

The printer does print black on regular printing tasks after the conversion.

I reinstalled the drivers after I set the printer's firmware for CD printing.

Any ideas?

I'm about ready to drop $100 for an Epson R200 at this point, since I really do love the professional look of the printable CDs. But I LOVE the Canon and really would like to see this work.

ggalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 31, 2006, 4:47 PM   #2

If you do buy an Epson dont pay $100.00 i went to Epsonstore.com and got a refurbished r200 for $59.00 ground shipping is free and it comes with ink. I thought it was going to come scratched up but it looked new.
phillyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2006, 5:00 PM   #3

Fixed the problem.

I had a clogged black cartridge. There are 2 blacks. One was clogged.

ggalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2006, 1:23 AM   #4

Quote:
I had a clogged black cartridge. There are 2 blacks. One was clogged.
I have the 4000 and have to watch for the same problem . Usually its the small photo black.

I have tried to get into the habit of running "nozzle check " (Maintenance section) each day , because this black is in the "background " for a lot of shades of the other colours and may not be apparent that it is having problems immediately. (This doesnt use much ink and is well worth it to prevent your head frying on a long job ,if its got clogged on just one nozzle.

I re-fill and am using only "canon type" refill Black ink in it. The other colorsI use whatever type is ever to hand.

If the nozzle check shows patchy/streaky/ non -existent ,then the "cleaning" operation in Maintenance usually clears it after 2-3 times. This uses a bit of ink which I dont mind (as its re-fill). I also keep a set of carts of each colour that have been refilled with the cleaning "flush" that you get with the kits. If I want a thorough clean, (that I can see the nozzle is firing evenly for a sustained period in that colour), then I use one of these for testing on a color square. The square is also used to help the proper cart to re-establish itself , forcing out the remainder of the flush still in the head after "flush cart " was removed.

I have a 7x10 inch square inPowerpoint that I "Fill "with the colour I`m testing and print that using Standard settings.
headphonesman is offline   Reply With Quote