Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Feb 16, 2006, 4:55 PM   #1

Can anyone help???

I recently bought a Pixma 4000. I use it mostly to print direct on to CD's and it does an excellent job.

I now want to start printing on CD's with the smaller 22mm inner dia hole - however thepackaged CD Labelprint software only prints down to 33mm - this leaves a polo mint blank area that I don't want to suck -

I've tried a Canon software update - no joy!

What do I do now? Can anyone out there help?

Many thanks
Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 16, 2006, 9:28 PM   #2

I also had this problem at first with my ip5000. The solution is simple. Click>File>Select Paper>User Defined>Edit and then choose the size of both the inner hole and the outer dimension. You should now be good to go.

Although the Canon software is adequate, I found Acoustica CD Labelmaker much better with many more options.
mowermanEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2006, 3:23 AM   #3

Ditto mowermanED,

I explained this problem to Canon Helpdesk via e-mail when I got my ip4000 a year ago, they just said the software "could not be changed due to possiblity of "copyright infringement" ..........I then found the solution the same as others.....by trial and error.

I would just add that the Acoustica program has all the current Pixmas Model numbersand Epsons models specifically catered for within it.......nice alternative program !!!.
headphonesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2006, 6:47 AM   #4

headphonesman wrote:
Quote:
Ditto mowermanED,

I explained this problem to Canon Helpdesk via e-mail when I got my ip4000 a year ago, they just said the software "could not be changed due to possiblity of "copyright infringement" ..........I then found the solution the same as others.....by trial and error.

I would just add that the Acoustica program has all the current Pixmas Model numbersand Epsons models specifically catered for within it.......nice alternative program !!!.
Copyright infringement? What a terrible answer! That's pretty low even by technical support standards esp since the new japanese version of the mp950/900 offers direct scan to cd-print.

http://pixma-faq.periastron.com/8.html

I have to agree Acoustica is my present choice for software esp since one can easily add tracks and choose a layout, and it actually understands that a disc is a circular object and will adapt the text accordingly. Discus I haven't used much, sure thing's canon support is sort of a patch, and Nero I find a tad combersome.
zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2006, 3:40 PM   #5

another program I used a lot with paper labels was Hemera`s CD Designs Creator, they used to have it for free download on their site..............but its disappeared from there (with a lot of other stuff.) They were offering a free disc with their Big Box of Artoffering at Amazon.

I have just spent an hour looking.....no joy.......perhaps someone else can point people to where you can try it ?...if it still exists ?

headphonesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2006, 3:43 AM   #6

Thanks guys - really appreciate your help.

I've followed yourinstructions - it works!

Canon also got back to me with the same advice.

I'm now looking at the alternative software you've recommended.

Many thanks

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote