Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Feb 17, 2006, 10:23 AM   #1

HiI¬*have a UK purchased ip4000 which I'd like to use to print onto CDRs.¬*I¬*really don't like the bundled Canon software - it's terrible, so I'm using "Disclabel".The only problem is, when I come to print, the "CD Tray" option in the print dialog is always ghosted.The Canon CD-Labelprint software seems to bodge a way around this....¬*I see that this printer has issues with CDR printing, this is a UK version of the printer though....Any ideas on how I can enable the CDR tray option???
mwpmorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 17, 2006, 1:40 PM   #2

Have you tried doing a custom install as opposed to a complete install..?

I only installed the parts that I need from the CD ROM, I usually import images and such like from other sources like Media Face 4 & Sure Thing.

You'll need the driver and the CD print driver at least, are these installed..?

Davy
davy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2006, 5:03 PM   #3

I have a PC as well, the printer seems to print fine to it - "CD tray" etc all fine. I think that it's maybe the OSX printer driver that's the problem......? Has anyone else had this problem?
Old Feb 18, 2006, 12:43 PM   #4

Ok, let me eliminate a few things that I've just thought of - my printer is at the office, so I can't check these things out myself.I'm trying to print to CD with an app called Disclabel.¬*Does the CD need to be "fully" loaded into the printer (i.e. by pressing the "resume" button to load the tray in) before the print dialog will "un ghost" the CD tray option? Like, to let the computer know that there's a CD in the printer.I've tried to print to CD using a few different apps - Adobe acrobat/Photoshop etc. This is the only thing that I can think that I haven't done.