Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Feb 28, 2006, 7:47 AM   #1

Just purchased the Epson R1800 two weeks ago. I've printed everything from 4x6 to 13x19. The color reproduction and overall quality of the prints is unbelievable. I also own a HiTi 730PS and believe me, the Hiti doesn't even come close in quality to the Epson R1800. Granted, I may not have the HiTi perfectly configured, but right out of the box, the print quality on the R1800 is stunning.

I am not a professional photographer by any stretch of the imagination, but I do know good print quality when I see it.

The cost of the inks on the R1800 is very expensive, but I haven't researched cheaper (non-epson ink) alternatives. If it lasts a while, I won't complain.

The printer is quiet and definitely fast enough for me.

By the way, the ability to print on CD's is a huge plus and something Epson isn't really promoting as a real nice benefit of this printer. Most people I've spoken with, could care less about printing on CD's, but for me, it's a real nice feature to have. Sure beats trying to print on CD labels and then sticking them on the CD! That's not the best solution for Mr. Fat Fingers here.

Anyway, it's a great printer and I HIGHLY recommend it. Just make sure you have LOTS of desk space and know up front the cost of the ink and supplies.

P.S. I was very pleased with the included software. Most times it's junk, but the Epson Easy Photo Print is very easy to follow and works like a charm. The Epson Print CD Program is a littly wonky, but it works fine enough.

Mike
mbovaird is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links