Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Apr 7, 2003, 11:06 PM   #21

sounds like you need to RTFM and set up your printer with a little care. and then tweak a little here and there as needed.
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2003, 10:50 AM   #22

Umm, what is RTFM? And any suggestions on how to set this puppy up? I tried looking for tips in this board and could not find any.

Thanks a bunch for all of your help.
satanclaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2003, 12:10 PM   #23

HOT TIP!!!

I have also been debating between the Epson 2200 and the i9100, mainly over cost. I called Dell to see if they were carrying the Epson-they were either not carrying it or it was out of stock; if figured if i didn't like it I'd send it back. I made a mention of the i9100, and the rep stated he had someone order the i9100 about 10 minutes before I called in. Dell has it available (not online, you must call in) and ships in 5-7 days for $470.95. Mine will ship on or before the 23rd of April.
dcrawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2003, 7:03 AM   #24

Well the s9000 will do good prints but only as long as you dont have very finely tuned eyes and as long as you don't look right up close.

Also you may want to consider doing an alignment cycle and calling up cannon tech support.
Gregersonsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2003, 8:11 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregersonsalvage
Well the s9000 will do good prints but only as long as you dont have very finely tuned eyes and as long as you don't look right up close.

Also you may want to consider doing an alignment cycle and calling up cannon tech support.
yea, being one of those "fine art" guys, I look at prints pretty close. For those with eagle eyes, does the 2200 or 9100 have more detail?

thanks
satanclaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2003, 9:45 AM   #26

The 2200 wil produce prints that are exceptionally close to what you are looking for. Just expect to spend money. I reccomend ontop of getting the 2200 gettin color profile products.

Also with the 2200 you may on certain papers notice a slight metamerism effect.

To get around this I would probably reccomend getting the Epson 1280. It will print a better quality than the cannon 9000 does. It also has many color profiles availible for it as well as the ability to hook up a continuous ink system which can severly lower your printing costs.

The biggest disadvantage however is that it will be much slower. But you will have a very hard time distinguishing the prints it does and lab prints.

The 2200 details are incredible but you are restricted to using premium papers for the best results.

Although if you get the cannon i950 I doubt you will be dissapointed.

AS far as the i9100 goes I have not seen any samples so I cannot give you an opinion one way or the other when it comes to close up fine art.

But bear in mind before you trade your s9000 in most of the general population cannot see drop sizes smaller than 5 picoliters because of two things. One they don't know what they are looking for. Two they have bad eyesight.

Although a printer with smaller drops will allow you to pull out a better depth of field. Ie clouds and Distance shots.
Gregersonsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2003, 9:23 AM   #27

I'm debating between these two printers as well. As a director and cinematographer, I have a very critical eye. As it appears that the i9100 is more like the 9000 than the i950, is the consensus here that the 2200 photo quality is at least as good if not better than the 9000?

I can get a 2200 for 579.00 and am close to pulling the trigger on this.

Thanks for any advice.
rblnr is offline   Reply With Quote