Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Mar 1, 2006, 3:55 PM   #1

I'm torn between the two.Is the photo quality of both printers the same or equal to each other since they both use the same ink sets? I was also confused about the ip6600d 9600x2400dpi in black and the mp950 only having 600x600dpi in black. So does it mean that the ip6600d is better at printing photos in black and white. Or is the Mp950 600x600dpi in black resolution based on the pigment ink it has. Please help. Thank You!
Jaggede20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 2, 2006, 12:51 AM   #2

Jaggede20 wrote:
Quote:
I'm torn between the two.Is the photo quality of both printers the same or equal to each other since they both use the same ink sets? I was also confused about the ip6600d 9600x2400dpi in black and the mp950 only having 600x600dpi in black. So does it mean that the ip6600d is better at printing photos in black and white. Or is the Mp950 600x600dpi in black resolution based on the pigment ink it has. Please help. Thank You!
Near as i'm aware the mp950 is based on the pixus ip7500, a model only found in japan. It's big feature is offering a pigmented black like the ip4200 and ip5200. This is lacking on the ip6600d. That this means is very good text at a rather low cost per page. Near as i'm aware the resolution on the text has remained unchanged on canons for some time, 600x600 but this is quite acceptable, in fact dang spiffy.

The ip6600D is a pure photo printer lacking the large pigmented black. No big deal if you already own a laser or other document oriented printer, but if you plan to print off any volume you'll notice higher costs per page. Simply put the dye black is smaller and costs there and abouts of the same.

While I don't know this for a fact... the 600x600dpi is for the pigment black not typicaly used in photos, and on such printers black is considered part of the color set, where on the ip6600D it only has one black that just so happens to be higher in resolution which may not be as spiffy for text.

zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2006, 4:51 PM   #3

Okay..That pretty much answers my questions...Thank you!
Jaggede20 is offline   Reply With Quote