Quote:
I was wrong the Wreal number is 0A100

No i could not find any website that shows in printed text

that they are selling 0A100

but many selling them but as 9-star brand and that is also correct

0A100 is a 9-star brand just as G&G, trust me

i´m so sure about this , just as sure as Canon Pixma 4000 uses

the BCI-6 carts.
You likely mean OA100 (Letters O and A, numbers 1 0 0), not zero A one zero zero zero. I was not aware that Ninestar made both "oa100" and "G&G" but it seems that they do.

If you search for "oa100" the right things pop up, with that info can you link to a place which sells the cli-8s, chip or no chip?
zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2006, 6:02 PM   #112

Ahhhh...I'm an RT.

The ink I purchased is working perfectly - I can't tell the difference in quality. The bummer is, I make a doggone mess when I try to load the ink (drop by drop). I save the orange caps from the OEM cartridges and plug the printer head hole when I fill but I still get drippage. I think the issue is, I need a 2nd hole for a vent during filling (I do the drop by drop method) - and I'll put that vent hole a few millimeters north of the injection hole for ink refills.

Interestingly, my yellow cartridge has had a few refills and my 6600D came up with a new javascript warning:

Canon shall not be liable for any printer
malfunction or damage caused by refilled ink
tanks.
Using refilled ink tanks are memorised.
Do you continue printing?

[Yes] [Back] [Cancel Printing]

Of course I chose "Yes". A new screen popped up:

Press and hold the Stop/Reset button for at
least 5 seconds, and then release it.

This operation will release the function for
detecting the remaining level of the following
ink.
Yellow [8]

[Back] [Cancel Printing]

The refill savings have been enough to buy me several of these printers already - I'm way ahead of the game. YEEEEHAWWWW!

Stratman wrote:
Quote:
DamnYankee wrote:
Quote:
HOWEVER - my method of needle puncturing coupled with using the rubber plug from a blood vaccutainer unit to plug the hole is going to work PERFECTLY. It's minimally invasive and airtight.
You must be a fleabotomist, RT,flo nightengaleor a lab rat.

Excellent ingenuity.
DamnYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2006, 1:50 AM   #113

Hi, cartridges and full permanent ink systems for the ip5200 are available at http//esandjt.com/ this is an Australian Co. but if they can source them then it should not be long before they become generally available.I have a full system due in about 2 days,will post conclusions as they become definite.The ink is supposed to be Formulab and the price is what we would pay for the ink alone,so if the spongeless cartridges are no good I will use the ink to refill the original cartridges which are allready drilled and screwed in case, hey I can't lose.
blackpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2006, 6:47 AM   #114

blackpete wrote:
Quote:
Hi, cartridges and full permanent ink systems for the ip5200 are available at http//esandjt.com/ this is an Australian Co. but if they can source them then it should not be long before they become generally available.I have a full system due in about 2 days,will post conclusions as they become definite.The ink is supposed to be Formulab and the price is what we would pay for the ink alone,so if the spongeless cartridges are no good I will use the ink to refill the original cartridges which are allready drilled and screwed in case, hey I can't lose.
Well those are "chips need to be transferred" types of cartridge and the site (which is a mess!) does say that the iP4200/5200 kits are "coming soon".

There's quite a bit of discussion on Canon spongeless cartridges on nifty-stuff forums though and from what I've seen to date they aren't recommended.. Might be worth double checking but from what I've read you're already going that route so a bit late..
websnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2006, 7:57 AM   #115

websnail wrote:
Quote:
There's quite a bit of discussion on Canon spongeless cartridges on nifty-stuff forums though and from what I've seen to date they aren't recommended.. Might be worth double checking but from what I've read you're already going that route so a bit late..
On this Forum a month ago I started a thread asking for comments good or bad about Spongeless carts being used with Canon Pixmas.................to date there have been no replies whatsoever (good or bad)...so I guess people cant be that impressed with them (there were 185 views).

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"
headphonesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2006, 12:21 AM   #116

headphonesman wrote:
Quote:
websnail wrote:
Quote:
On this Forum a month ago I started a thread asking for comments good or bad about Spongeless carts being used with Canon Pixmas.................to date there have been no replies whatsoever (good or bad)...so I guess people cant be that impressed with them (there were 185 views).

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"
It's more likely that no bugger has used them. What do they cost? $10 each? What do oem tanks cost? $10ish each? And aftermarket empty tanks, 1/2 the price. My volume last year was highish, about 6oz of ink, and I did perfectly well with my two sets foam cartridges from MIS and an OEM set I managed to retrofit with a plug.

If you want to try them out, feel free. Unlike the foam they will not gum up eventually.
zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2006, 2:45 AM   #117

First,do you know of a chipped aftermarket cartridge? Second,the site IS a mess but as I'm not buying the site thats immaterial. Third,I received the kit today.Fourth,do you have personal experience of the latest spongeless carts,not lastyears models? Lastly you intimate that the path I'm pursuing is the wrong way.Apart from using canon carts with a home-made CIS or a commercial system with sponges,both of which carry the attendant problems of foam and blockage,what other path is there? Anyway I have included a photo of the kit.which at first scrutiny appears to be well designed and constructed,eg- the lines are silicon based to prevent hardening,the ink pickup is in the base of the tanks but the pickup pipe sits 1/2 inch above the base of the tank (no sediment),tanks sit in their own rigid container, I realize that other members are curious about spongeless carts so I will report after a reasonable time.
Attached Images

blackpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2006, 9:41 AM   #118

DamnYankee wrote:
Quote:
Ahhhh...I'm an RT.
I was an EKG Tech and always competing for the patient in the ER with you and XRAY. My best buddy at the hospital was an RT. You guys sure know how to "stick" it to the patients! :-)

Good luck with refilling.
Stratman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2006, 3:03 PM   #119

blackpete wrote:
Quote:
First,do you know of a chipped aftermarket cartridge?
People have talked about there being one "soon" for months but so far it hasn't happened.

Quote:
Second,the site IS a mess but as I'm not buying the site thats immaterial.
True but I tend to take that sort of thing as an initial indicator of just how much attention to detail there is and/or support. Can be wrong but hey..

Quote:
Fourth,do you have personal experience of the latest spongeless carts,not lastyears models?
No, I haven't had any direct experience of spongeless cartridges on Canons and looking at that picture you've taken it looks like what you've actually got is a spongeless buffer rather than a spongeless cartridge... In other words the units were designed specifically to make up the delivery mechanism for a CIS unit...

Quote:
Lastly you intimate that the path I'm pursuing is the wrong way.Apart from using canon carts with a home-made CIS or a commercial system with sponges,both of which carry the attendant problems of foam and blockage,what other path is there?
Prepared to eat my words here... I don't remember suggesting you might be headed for trouble but if I did, it's mainly on the basis that there were no good reports of spongeless carts for Canons.. That coupled with the poor site, well bottom line, it'll be interesting to see how your kit works out.

Quote:
Anyway I have included a photo of the kit.which at first scrutiny appears to be well designed and constructed,eg- the lines are silicon based to prevent hardening,the ink pickup is in the base of the tanks but the pickup pipe sits 1/2 inch above the base of the tank (no sediment),tanks sit in their own rigid container, I realize that other members are curious about spongeless carts so I will report after a reasonable time.
The fact that the units are designed so they aren't full height allows plenty of sorely needed room for the tubing and that's definitely a plus.. The tanks appear to be the cartridge design for the HP K550 printer but things like the elevated pick-up point, etc... do seem to indicate some careful thought..

So, yeah do report back and it'd be useful to know just how comprehensive the instructions are and how well it all works, etc... The more detail and images the better...
websnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2006, 3:05 AM   #120

Does anyone have a slight hint when the ip 4200 chip resetter will be released? Is it a program or a chip you have to manually install?
davidw89 is offline   Reply With Quote