Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Sep 19, 2006, 1:20 AM   #151

I bought one of these in Australia.NO CHIP RESETTER. Still evaluating the system as a CIS. Will post conclusions in time, only when certain.
blackpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2006, 6:21 AM   #152

im currently watching this item closely, im debating on wether or not to email some of these buyers and ask them about the quality of the kit and if there really is a resetter.

she says she imported them from china, the picture she shows is from a kit made by: Shenzhen Microtec Technology Co.Ltd, i was going to go direct thru them, but you gotta buy loads off them (20) looks like im sticking to refilling for now, gotta say how good the service was from hobbicolors too, ive been looking for some good ink suppliers for a while,but here in the uk most of them are either crap or too expensive i was a bit dubious about importing from the usa but i had my ink in 4 days :-):-)

has anybody reached a limit yet, on as to how many times they have filled a cli-8 yet ? im interested to know if there is one, im buyinga set of empties off ebay just in case (can practice refilling on them too, instead of my new cli set).

cheers

ip5200 owner
no1baggiesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2006, 1:05 PM   #153

I'm pretty sure I have reached the limit on refilling. The red LED indicator for the large black cartridge has gone out, I have an error code of 15 flashes, and the printer refuses to print. Any suggestions around this?? I refuse to fork out for more genuine cardridges. I am considering taking the printer into the local Canon dealersip and telling them to stick it up their arse. I should have stuck with Epson.
golddigger159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2006, 1:49 PM   #154

lol, i said the same about epson, been thru 4 of them in as many years, so, enough was enough, i got an ip5200 (£50 on ebay refurbished 12 mth warr) coz i read they we fast as heck and good with it.

then i read you couldnt refill/was bloody hard and you couldnt get a resetter.

have you had all five cartidge monitors turned off ??

if so this has been a prob for some, its a limit from the chip, you can change one cart i think and it should continue printing, but your gonna hafta get a new cart, i read it some where, you're best off asking the expert websnail, i've read loads of his posts, he knows his sh;t, he also writes in diff forums too.

good luck

ip5200 owner
no1baggiesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2006, 4:52 PM   #155

no1baggiesfan wrote:
Quote:
has anybody reached a limit yet, on as to how many times they have filled a cli-8 yet ? im interested to know if there is one, im buyinga set of empties off ebay just in case (can practice refilling on them too, instead of my new cli set).
Hi :-) I've been refilling InkjetGoodies cartridge bodies for about 3 1/2 years, I refill a set about every 4 weeks on average, in all that time I've only had 1 proble with a cartridge body.

I've also purhased a few sets of the Hobbicolors bodies (and inks) to try, I like the screw but not the snap off non-replaceable ink padcover, the InkjetGoodies have snap-off/on covers with locking clips to retain the cover which has a neoprene seal in them, it's also flat bottomed so the cartridge stands securely when refilling.

http://www.inkjetgoodies.com/index.p...60_761_780_805
phaedra1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2006, 2:07 AM   #156

LOOKS LIKE THIS IS THE CHIP WE ARE LOOKING FOR...TRY THIS GUYS

http://hfciss.en.alibaba.com/product...ter_Chips.html
benl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2006, 8:56 AM   #157

Thats a friggin CIS system..not an ink resetter. BIG difference!
davidw89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2006, 9:33 AM   #158

benl wrote:
Quote:
LOOKS LIKE THIS IS THE CHIP WE ARE LOOKING FOR...TRY THIS GUYS
http://hfciss.en.alibaba.com/product...ter_Chips.html
Interesting find but a complete unknown. The description isn't sufficient to know what this product is or will do. I am also a little bit more pessimistic because it states the chips are compatible with multiple manufacturers, a one size fits all chip. I doubt that there is a singular solution for all brands, except a lot of money to buy all the OEM ink you want.

Still, this needs to be watched and one can always have hope.
Stratman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2006, 8:03 AM   #159

Having done Continuous flow systems for about 80 Canon printers with PG-5/CL-8 catridges, here are my observations.

It seems all the Canon printers using PG-5/CL-8 cartridges can be easily adapted to CFS. As well as iP4200/iP5200, I have done the multifunction and A3 printers, they all worked OK

So far, nobody has cloned the Canon chips, the 128 bit encryption has defeated all who have tried.

The chips transfer their memory to another printer, I have installed cartridges with disabled chips in a brand new printer, and it immediately recognized them as empty and the disabling process had to be repeated.

I have not found a way to trick the printer or the chips, and I have tried everything.

Problems experienced with the chips are:

One chip not disabling, the warning message about the resume button being pressed keeps reapeating about every 50 printed pages but the chip never actualy disables

Message saying same cartridge installed twice in printer, I have even seen this message appear on a cartridge that had not reached empty. Solution, change cartridge as chip is faulty.

Sometimes this faulty will lead to orange light flashing 15 times and printer stopping - change cartridge for a new one.

Poor quality print on one colour. After many tests including thorough head cleaning, using new printhead, even using new printer with the old cartridges installed, it was determined that the cartridge inkflow, the printhead and the printer itself were OK, simply changing the cartridge fixed the faulty print problem, so I feel the disabled chip itself was instructing the cartridge to give the print problem.

Quite often, using another empty cartridge where the chip had not already been disabled fixed the above problems, but in some cases a new cartridge may be required, particularly when 15 orange flashes are evident.

Overall, the CFS for Canon has been a great success, the chip problems are isolated and easily overcome. With CFS, the printing becomes incredibly cheap and the head cleans are minimised, I have CFS installed on some printers which have printed more than 20000 pages without the purge tank counter needing a reset and no print problems. Go for it!

I wonder how many pages service Canon would rate these printers. Buying genuine Canon cartridges enough to print 20000 pages for my kind of printing would be about 80 sets of cartridges, say around A$10,000, gulp!
laikanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2006, 9:51 AM   #160

Laikanuki:

Good post. Sounds like Canon either has several differently programmed chips or they have some real quality control issues. Either way, scarey for consumers.

When you say replace cartridge, do you mean replace with a new OEM Canon cartridge, not just a different chip from an already used catridge?

Have you converted an MP830 to a continuous ink system? I would be very interested to learn what you used and how you did it.

I just purchased another set of OEM cartridges - painfully expensive even with a discountafter turning in empty cartridges at Office Max.I look forward to the printer going off warranty so I can modify to CIS without concern.

Thanks.
Stratman is offline   Reply With Quote