Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Oct 5, 2006, 6:57 AM   #161

Try using used cartridges with a chip that has not been disabled, if this does not work, you will have to use a new cartridge.

Re multifunctions, the scanner unit has to be open a little to allow the bracket supporting the feeder tubes to the cartridges not be fouled with the underneath of the scanner unit. This does not effect the performance of the printer, with the MP500 printer, the scanner unit could be propped open enough to clear the bracket without activating the microswitch which moved the cartridges to the centre. However, the scanner unit on MP800 had to be propped open a little more, and the microswitch was activated, Using a plastic plug to close the microswitch solved this problem. I would imagine the MP830 would be same as MP800. The feeder tubes can be fitted in between the side of the printer case and the scanner unit without any modification and no impediment to the ink flow.

I set up a iX4000 A3 printer today using a longer and higher bracket to support tne feeder tubes, it worked perfectly, the owner was very pleased to see his printing costs reduced about 95% compared with buying replacement cartridges.

I have not come across any of the latest Epson printers and multifunctions and any of the Canon printers using the PG-5/CL-8 cartridges that could not be successfully modified to use CFS. None of the modifications involved cutting or trimming any part of the printers and all the fittings were held in place with stick on velcro, which could be easily removed and there would be no evidence that there was a CFS installed on the printer. I would imagine that the Canon printers using the ridiculously overpriced and underfilled PG-40/CL-41 cartridges could be easily modified for CFS, but as the printheads are intergrated into these cartridges, they would probably not last too long. As far as I can see, the only difference between the CL-41 and CL-51 cartridges is that the CL-41 is not filled to capacity - when I refill them they always weigh more than when new, indicating they are holding more ink.
laikanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2006, 10:12 AM   #162

hi to all this is my first post the cannon ip5200 can be refilled as i have done this many times :blah:
totalyinsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2006, 10:29 AM   #163

Laikanuki:

Thanks for the info about the MP8XX series modifications. I wondered how you would be able to fit the ink feed tubes from the external bottles to the internal cartridges without cutting. In fact, I don't see an easy way to cut into the printer to allow a CIS except maybe through the front, which might be a problem in allowing the the ink tubing to move freely back and forth.

Were you still able to use the scanner?

With the lid propped open, was there any problem with printing CD/DVD's?

Any issues with dust/dirt getting inside the printer?

Could you please list the parts and a couple of pics on how you converted the MP800?

Thanks!
Stratman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2006, 8:11 PM   #164

I have just found this adress and it promises Compatible ink cartridges WTH chip for CANON. This is probably not a dealer to order from, but a manufacturerI suppose.

I am using a PIXMA IP 4000 at homeand 4200 at work. I can surely understand the frustration that is downwritten at this forum.

http://swell.en.alibaba.com/product/...for_Canon.html

I would really like to know if it is working chips they sell. Have a nice day.
mattews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2006, 7:30 PM   #165

the reason they are compatible is because they are genuine carts from canon, they are only supplying original carts not compatibles.

i contacted one of these companies a month ago and they tried to sell me oem carts.

99% of all these so called cart sellers and cis systems unfortunately have very bad english, just read the cis ads on ebay, also alot of ads are aimed at dragging you in to their website so you will browse around and hopefully buy something.

how many of these companies have you contacted about these carts and chips and cis systems, only to find out they havent got them in stock "yet" or "they are comming soon", chip resetters are not comming, nor are the self resetting chips, they would have got them by now.

how lomg does it take people to find out how to chip a ps2, a couple of weeks, these guys have had months-year,

canon will soon find out the hard way that it wont work and will lose a heck of a lot of customers in the process, then we will see the price of ip4000/ip5000 go up lol.
no1baggiesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2006, 6:32 AM   #166

MP800 from outside, lid has to be propped open to clear feed system. Tubes slot down between lid and case with no problem. Having the lid propped open does not effect printer or scan functions
Attached Images

Old Oct 18, 2006, 6:36 AM   #167

Inside of MP800, white post is to hold lid up to clear tubes feeding printhead. Orange clip at rear is wedge to close microswitch to return cartridges to standby position, closing the lid normally activates the microswitch
Attached Images

Old Oct 18, 2006, 10:50 AM   #168

Laikanuki:

Ingeniuously simple CIS!

Great job.

Thanks for the photos.
Stratman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2006, 10:33 AM   #169

Hello.

Im curious to if any one as tried a mid range software patch for the chip reseting problem?

If you look at SSCLG's Epson Util. There are intermediate-> between chip and printer software options such as "ink level freeze".

This of course won't change the chip status . However it could alter or fake the results from the chip without the the need to decrypt all the programing.

It might even allow for ink level status. Where the patch itself keeps track.

It would be like pain medication for a broken arm. The pain is still there and real but you don't feel it so you don't notice it.

I won't claim it to be possible. However it's a possible solution for any one to try.

Best of luck.

chippedoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2006, 8:24 PM   #170

As Heise news tells: German Hardcopy AG (named "Geha"), manufacturer of stationery announced
selling of replacement cardridges for Pixma printers in december.
They created an adaptor to put into their cardridges. Into the adaptor a
canon chip has to be placed into. So the Filling info is achieved and, as I
suppose, they bypass legal trouble.
For the user this means: no dried out cardridges and no destroyed print
heads.

:evil:Bad: it only works, when ALL cardridges Geha type. Geha takes the
Canon chips to build them into their system. The "Tuning-Kit-CT01"
including adapter and five cardridges does cost 45€; for five Geha
cardridges they take 40€; a single cardtidge costs 10€.

Hope, there will be cheaper solutions or the Geha cardridges can be reset.

Here is the news: http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/80889
Tanzgeist is offline   Reply With Quote