Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jan 20, 2007, 3:59 AM   #211

yesterday I read everythig writed here and more.. and for now I have to buy genuine canon cartridge... but I found a ink provider for cli-8 in my country, please somebody resume me what to do after I put the refiled cartridge into the printer... for now I espect ansers from their forum to... because for me in realy to expensive to continue buying cartridges

http://www.rastero.ro/cerneala-refil...osCsid=linkuri
xan yan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2007, 4:16 PM   #212

xan yan wrote:
Quote:
yesterday I read everythig writed here and more.. and for now I have to buy genuine canon cartridge... but I found a ink provider for cli-8 in my country, please somebody resume me what to do after I put the refiled cartridge into the printer... for now I espect ansers from their forum to... because for me in realy to expensive to continue buying cartridges

http://www.rastero.ro/cerneala-refil...osCsid=linkuri
I don't have the MP600 nor do I understand the web page you listed. I do recommend you look at http://www.rihac.com.au/product_info...roducts_id=223for possible answers to your questions.

I'd like to see a regular posteron this forum review Sam Cahir's CIS system(s). They sure do look well thought out.
Stratman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2007, 5:49 AM   #213

Replacements with reset chips can be supplied by;
http://www.cartridgeworld.co.uk/index.php
Cost £32 for a full set.
£6 each & £8 for the black.
Not listed on the site just check and phone or email your local branch.
You need to take your empty cart to be refilled, only 1 branch has the resetter as it costs £2,000, so there's a 3 day turnaround.
I bit the bullet and bought a complere set of OEMs, so while 1 set is being reffiled I have another in use.
The guy at my local branch says once the carts become more common you will be able to buy off the shelf.
These work 100% no nags no loss of functions or waranty, quality is superb.
torrentbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2007, 10:23 AM   #214

torrentbox wrote:
Quote:
Replacements with reset chips can be supplied by;
http://www.cartridgeworld.co.uk/index.php
Cost £32 for a full set.
Not listed on the site just check and phone or email your local branch.
You need to take your empty cart to be refilled, only 1 branch has the resetter as it costs £2,000, so there's a 3 day turnaround.
I bit the bullet and bought a complere set of OEMs, so while 1 set is being reffiled I have another in use.
The guy at my local branch says once the carts become more common you will be able to buy off the shelf.
Fantastic if true but...

As you said, the site does not list CLI/PGI Canon refills and/or chip resetting. I would think it would be in big headlines on the home page if true as they would be the first to have this capability. If there were a chip resetting machine as you suggest, and you specifically state it costs £2,000, how comeit is completely unknown to all on this site? If there's a price on it then it must be commercially available and others would have it as well.

Where are you getting your info from? How about more specifics.

Regardless, the cost per cartridge seems a little much, especially since the ink may be inferior to OEM.

Stratman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2007, 10:34 AM   #215

Info came from my local shop, which is in Carlisle Cumbria.
I have used 1 set so far without problems, I simply replaced the expired carts, they were accepted as originals.
Go to the site I linked and find your nearest shop, their phone number will be listed, give them a bell.
Old Jan 23, 2007, 2:53 AM   #216

torrentbox wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Cost £32 for a full set.
"these work..etc...." This is what I would expect of genuine new Canon carts.

"Cost"(At another (British) Ink seller website), the cost of a similar set (stating Canon OEM , including VAT) is £36.81 . If you add a VAT amount to Cartridge World`s price it would become £37.60 , i.e slightly costlier.

I have previouslybought (and paid normal price) Canon CLI 8`s at Cartridge World., they did indeed , work perfectly .

This is the second instance I have seen where there has been a suggestion that carts have been "hacked " in order to increase sales on genuine Canon carts.

I could be wrong of course , if so I would expect the cost to be 1/3 rd of that stated , I would then join the queue quite happily !.
headphonesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2007, 7:06 PM   #217

I smell a rat..

Be interested to see how this pans out but I still think there's something fishy going on here...
websnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2007, 12:52 AM   #218

websnail wrote:
Quote:
I smell a rat..

Be interested to see how this pans out but I still think there's something fishy going on here...
Hope you're not implying I have any connection with the company.
Quite simply I bit the bullet and bought a second set of genuine Canon inks, when the original set had all expired appart from the 13ml black which seems to outlast the rest, as it did in my iP4000, I took them to Cartridge World, 3 days later I collected the refilled carts.
About 3 weeks later the yellow needed replaced, in it went just like a genuine original cart.
So were these not my own carts refilled ?
The implication seems to be that I have been supplied OEM's, well if so that's fine by me at the price.
Why not simply go to the website, enter your postcode to find the nearest branch then phone them.
Good idea if websnail did this as he/she could ask all the relevant questions and get clarification, I possibly wrongly just took what the manager of the Carlisle branch told me at face value.
The cost of these was £24 inc VAT for 3 x 13ml & 1 x 26ml.
Quote:
the cost of a similar set (stating Canon OEM , including VAT) is £36.81 .
Tell me where please at that price I'll buy them.

Old Jan 25, 2007, 4:46 AM   #219

torrentbox wrote:
Quote:
websnail wrote:
Quote:
I smell a rat..
Hope you're not implying I have any connection with the company.
3 days later I collected the refilled carts.

So were these not my own carts refilled ?
The cost of these was £24 inc VAT for 3 x 13ml & 1 x 26ml.
Quote:
the cost of a similar set (stating Canon OEM , including VAT) is £36.81 .
Tell me where please at that price I'll buy them.
I have selectively quoted from your reply ,Torrentbox ,in order to be brief.

There is no inference on my part (or I am sure Websnails`) that you have any connection with the company other than that of normal customer.

You collected "refilled carts". How were they packaged ? Individually shrinkwrapped ?, Orange twist exit port cap in place? Tape strip in place on top?Any evidence of how they had been "refilled" ?

"Tell me where...." I have been aware of this web site for several months , I have never purchased from them , nor had any direct contact with them in any way . I have no reason to suspect their current standing.

http://www.valueshop.co.uk/ssq.asp?s...;Submit=Search

Depending on your answers to my queries , (which I will trust) , will decide whether to test the "water" at my local Cartridge Shop , and find out whether this innovation is local to you or widespread. I do find it odd they would make you wait 3 days for the return, and there is the cost of the carriage / transport back to them to be considered. Also £2000 for a machine is not excessive for a franchise business and I would ecpect their presence to be be fairly common, at the prices they are getting away with , it could pay for itself very quickly.
headphonesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2007, 6:26 AM   #220

Got me thinking now, individually shrink wrapped, yes.
Orange twist off, yes.
Sounds like an OEM don't it??
The wait is apparently due to the lack of empty carts circulating and they only have 1 machine which the Carlisle guy told me was at Harrogate.
OK now I've phoned the Kendal rather than Carlisle branch and the girl there is telling me the same as everyone else, that is;
they can refill them but not reset the chip, seems the Carlisle guy was bullshitting and he's supplied me OEMs, OK at a good price but still OEM carts.
Actually Carlisle is 40 miles away from me but the next time I'm through there I'm gonna vist him and ask what his game is, then .
BTW the girl in the Kendal branch has an IP5200, she insists that she still gets low ink warnings.:?
This is both intresting and promising;http://www.foe.co.uk/resource/press_..._10022004.html