Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jan 25, 2007, 8:09 AM   #221

torrentbox wrote:
Quote:
OK now I've phoned the Kendal rather than Carlisle branch and the girl there is telling me the same as everyone else, that is;
they can refill them but not reset the chip, seems the Carlisle guy was bullshitting and he's supplied me OEMs, OK at a good price but still OEM carts.
Sadly I suspected you'd find out something like that... If any company came out with an "official" resetter Canon would be all over them like a dose of the proverbial clap!

And just to clarify, I wasn't accusing you of anything on this, just didn't believe what I was hearing as I have sources that would likely have already phoned me in a real bouncy mood if it were true
websnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2007, 8:13 AM   #222

torrentbox wrote:
Quote:
This is both intresting and promising;http://www.foe.co.uk/resource/press_..._10022004.html
Again.. I wouldn't hold your breath.. Canon can neatly point out that they offer a recycling scheme where their cartridges are accepted back and then "recycled" ie: ground up and put into bin liners or whatever...

They also have a lot of thought into their new design, ie: that refilling IS possible but just not without rejecting the warranty.. (clever buggers if you ask me).

Epson is still standing well within the sights, as are HP with their "expiry"/"best before" system of chips... so you never know but like I said, I wouldn't hold the old breath there.
websnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2007, 12:42 PM   #223

torrentbox wrote:
Quote:
they can refill them but not reset the chip, seems the Carlisle guy was bullshitting and he's supplied me OEMs, OK at a good price but still OEM carts.
Actually Carlisle is 40 miles away from me but the next time I'm through there I'm gonna vist him and ask what his game is, then .
Torrentbox, thank you for your diligence in getting to the bottom of this and advising the Forum of the true nature of the "chip reset and re-fill".

What his game is it`squite simple..........trying to sell a Canon product that is not popular (due to its price and chip restriction), and whichhe has to wrongly describe in order to shift it.

He is further hampered by the fact there are no cheaper compatables that he can offer you. I strongly recommend you learn how to re-fill your carts, you will then be in control of your own "game."

regards headphonesman.

headphonesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2007, 3:58 PM   #224

Went to my local C.World there IS a resetter, it is at C.W Head Office in Harrogate. Local C.W have to send off the cartridges to be reset there, BUT the resetter has got to be sent back to Taiwan because of some sort of fault.

From someone in the know....

cloakedagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2007, 5:37 PM   #225

cloakedagger wrote:
Quote:
Went to my local C.World there IS a resetter, it is at C.W Head Office in Harrogate. Local C.W have to send off the cartridges to be reset there, BUT the resetter has got to be sent back to Taiwan because of some sort of fault.

Gigantic stellar news...

I'll reserve happy, happy, joy, joy for when a familiar poster posts affirmation.

Stratman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2007, 12:19 AM   #226

cloakedagger wrote:
Quote:

Well that echoes what I was told originally, seems we're going in circles now:angry:
torrentbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2007, 4:20 AM   #227

Stratman wrote:
Quote:
cloakedagger wrote:
Quote:

Gigantic stellar news...

I'll reserve happy, happy, joy, joy for when a familiar poster posts affirmation.
So this resetter......(when/if it re-appears )...will produce Canon carts which function exactly the same as the genuine item at near enough the same price as "virgin" carts?........with also a possible 3 day wait ?, and only at cartridge World ?

I shall not be at the front of the queue or even in the queue at that price and hassle.

(also there is no such thing as bad publicity........nice one C.World ! )

Sorry I am so cynical.......Canon made me that way the day they brought the chip in

headphonesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2007, 5:52 AM   #228

You know the most frustrating thing about this whole debacle is the short sighted tunnel vision of the Canon marketing fools.
I have used Canon printers for years now, with a short lived mutiny to an Epson C70 then the R300 but realised what I was missing when I returned to Canon.
Still I want to get the fool responsible by the throat and squeeze hard, mainly because of the petty punitive act of disabling monitoring, to say it can't detect the ink level is utter garbage, the prism is still there and still functions.
Ultimately this will be overcome somewhere and they will loose the battle but along the way Canon will probably loose many sales and dedicated users along the way, they really need to be made to :idea: about this.

Idea run a campaign for 6-12 months whereby no one buys replacement ink just buy a new printer every time, like one of the less expensive models using the same ink system.
Keep the printers with the expired ink and one a specific day organise a mass gathering at Canon UK headquarters, then dump all the disused printers in their car-park.
Obviously making certain the national press are aware of the event.
torrentbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2007, 8:19 AM   #229

yes.. i'am a canon user... and my MP600 it's the problem ...:roll:
xan yan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2007, 1:00 PM   #230

Quote:
Stratman wrote:
Gigantic stellar news...

Believe what you want, but i am in a position to know certain facts so you enjoy buying canon OEM's and don't bother using a chip resetter via C.World or whoever happens to gain one then if you draw stupid conclusions to everything. You obviously have nothing better to do than complain about spending £9 on a cartridge. Get a new printer if your that petty... :P

cloakedagger is offline   Reply With Quote