Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jan 26, 2007, 1:05 PM   #231

Quote:
Believe what you want, but i am in a position to know certain facts so you enjoy buying canon OEM's and don't bother using a chip resetter via C.World or whoever happens to gain one then if you draw stupid conclusions to everything. You obviously have nothing better to do than complain about spending £9 on a cartridge.

Get a new printer if your that petty... :P
Erm... whilst you may know someone "in the know" so's to speak... I checked with someone else who is also "in the know" and knows a hell of a lot more people "in the know" and he pointed out that had there been so much as a twitch about such a resetter then he would have been on the plane to find out more and to get one for his own operation in Europe (not a small one either!).

So, like you say, I'll believe what I want, and what I want is to wait until I see it or more accurately hear of it via sources I trust... No offense but we've seen so many "it's here... damn, no it isn't" posts now that you just don't believe rumour.
websnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2007, 4:42 PM   #232

cloakedagger wrote:
Quote:
Believe what you want, but i am in a position to know certain facts so you enjoy buying canon OEM's and don't bother using a chip resetter via C.World or whoever happens to gain one then if you draw stupid conclusions to everything. You obviously have nothing better to do than complain about spending £9 on a cartridge. Get a new printer if your that petty... :P
Where to begin to reply to this post...

I wasn't complaining before and I'm not going to start now.

Ahh Fuggiddaboutid (a la Tony Soprano).
Stratman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2007, 5:24 AM   #233

cloakedagger wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Stratman wrote:
Gigantic stellar news...

I'll reserve happy, happy, joy, joy for when a familiar poster posts affirmation.
Believe what you want, but i am in a position to know certain facts so you enjoy buying canon OEM's and don't bother using a chip resetter via C.World or whoever happens to gain one then if you draw stupid conclusions to everything. You obviously have nothing better to do than complain about spending £9 on a cartridge. Get a new printer if your that petty... :P

Ahh! we have an extremely affluent person joined the thread.
£9 each that's £45 per set.
I average 1 set every 10 days, so I would be buying 35 sets per year, that is a cost of £1575, which is insane.
For my IP 4000 I have been paying £2 per cartridge, I would be happy to pay an extra £1 maximum for the chipped carts so that would be £15 per set and £525 per year, still good money for someone they just need to play fair and do away with the extortion.
Not certaimn if this has been said before but;
If you bought a new car and were told you must use xyz petrol at 300% the cost of abc, if you didn't then the fuel gauge would be disabled, would you be happy?
Would not Trading Standards/ the national press and TV be on it like a flash?

Personally I don't see the difference, I think everyone should either phone or call into their local trading standards and make a fuss, enough people and it will get noticed.
Only way this will change is by people like us actively doing something, OK a good whinge and vent makes us feel better but it makes little or no progress.
I my self am Admin at 2 other sites which have forums and moderator at another very large one, I'm going to post there asking all members to either phone, email or call at their trading standards office, email Canon, email any newspapers and TV news companies.
We need to SHOUT LOUDER about this farce!:idea:
torrentbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2007, 2:21 PM   #234

Hi. new here, i joined because i have been following this thread and thought you may find this interesting.

I emailed Kyson USA regarding CIS for CLi-8 (in my case for the Canon Pro9000) they just got back saying they are testing a system that will be available at the end of March.

Kevinduff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2007, 3:57 PM   #235

torrent box makes a good point, if you own an ip3300/4200/4300/5200 and so on they all use the same inks and seeing as a set is going to cost a minimum £50 you can reserve an ip 3300 at pc world for store collection get a new printer and a set of inks for £45 you could allways sell the printer as new minus the inks and some mug will pay for it on ebay! heres the link if anyone is interested:
http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/sto...;category_oid=
cakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2007, 5:38 AM   #236

[img]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/Desktop/MP830%20CISS.jpg[/img]

Hi to all - I've experienced my own saga installing a CISS today on our Canon MP830(TV mini series later this year...).

1. Ink Line Support: I used a metal PCI card 'pop-out' from a PC, which I affixed to the printer just above the CD/DVD tray with 3M double sided tape. The 'screw end' of the PCI pop-out is cut off, and the metal folded at 45 degrees over itself. The Printer lid shuts completely with no need to 'blu-tac' the lid switch, unlike other configurations I looked at.

2. Chipping the CISS: The chips came off the cartridges, and onto the CISS cartridges OK, but initially onto the wrong cartridges. I didn't realise they had to go back onto the same colour.I didn't fancy working through 120 possible permutations, so, after some prayer, that problem was solved by putting the chips back on the original cartridges and inserting the cartridges into the MP830 one at a time.Helpfully suggesting thatI had positioned a cartridge incorrectly, the printer displayed the positionthe chip belonged in!

3. 6502 Error: This error happened somewhere along the way, but I don't remember exactly what was happening at the time.Perhaps the printer was receiving conflicting information from the chip and the LED ink level, with one saying full and the other saying empty.

4. Cartridge not recognised: One of the chips was wet with ink at the back. Worked fine after I took it off and dried it with a tissue.

5.Priming and Air in lines:Also, air had be removed from lines and cartridges filled with ink. The receptacles were accessed by carefully removing the elbow joint going into them, and removing the silicone rubber seal as well. I then held the open end of the elbow in the cartridge, and raised the ink tanks so that ink flowed down the line and into the cartridge. When it was full, I blocked ink flow with one hand, put the seal back in the cartridge, and then re-inserted the elbow joint.

6. Operation: The instructions I received with my CISS make reference to this fact perhaps obliquely, but I found I had to leaveopen the filler caps on the external ink tanks while printing (1,000 photos) or the ink would 'dry up'.

7. Thoughts on chip resetter: the chip is probably just a serial memory IC.

Anyway, a succesful Saturday afternoon.

2Co 2:14 Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.

Michael Thorpe.

mikenkaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2007, 12:14 PM   #237

You can use refilled chipped cartridges which you can purchase at Cartridge World Stores or other similar stores. You have to disable the chip in the cartridge. This can be done on any canon printer useing the chipped cartridges, but the procedure is different for every printer, so you should ask where you get your cartridges refilled.
jgolfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2007, 9:16 PM   #238

Ok, I have the MP830. I just got my first low in warning on the Magenta Cartridge, I immediately refilled it, I did not get the warning about using refilled cartridges, therby disabling ink cartridge monitoring. As soon as I refilled it I turned the power off and then back on. The red blinking light on the Magenta cartridge went back to steady on. I'm kinda anxious to see if keeping the tanks topped off and not letting them get completely empty will circumvent the chips ability to diable tank monitoring. I will post again if I make it through this tank.

JohnDeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2007, 8:06 AM   #239

I own a Canon ip1700 and I love it's quality. I have refilled the ink about 6 times and except for the annoying message while printing, everything worked fine - until yesterday. I tried to print and got a different kind of message that allowed no other option than "Cancel Printing". The printer light flashed yellow 4 times (code for replace BJ ink). Ok, maybe time to get aanother cartridge. I certainly got my money's worth out of these two.

Cheap bastard that I am, Iwent online looking for a Canon print cartridge reset procedure. What I found was a posting about the Canon S450. The post included beep (light) codes and a waste reset procedure. Looking at the waste procedure i thought to myself "could it really be that easy?!??". Well, it is. Printer works great and the annoying message is now gone.

Post reproduced here:

Four flashes: BJ cartridge out of ink
Five flashes: BJ cartridge not installed correctly
Six flashes: BJ cartridge not installed
Seven flashes: BJ cartridge defective
Eight flashes: Waste ink absorber almost full
The POWER light flashes orange and green alternately: Service error

Re: Canon S450
Error Codes

Error Condition Indicator BEEPS Error
Code Possible Solution
Paper Feed/Delivery
Orange 2 Remove any paper jammed
Paper Jam
Orange 3 Remove any paper jammed
Ink Out
Orange 4 Add Ink
BJ Cartridge Mismatch
Orange 5 Re-install cartridge or replace it. See notes below for correct positions
NO BJ Cartridge
Orange 6 Re-install cartridge or replace it
BJ Cartridge Error
Orange 7 Re-install cartridge or replace it
Waste Full warning
Orange 8 Waste is almost full, needs service very soon
Auto Head Adjustment Error
Orange 9 Is there Black and Cyan ink ?
AutoAlignment requires Black and Cyan inks.
ROM Error 1 x
Orange 10 Try unplugging the printer for 30 seconds, if not requires service.
RAM Error 2 x Orange 10 Try unplugging the printer for 30 seconds, if not requires service.
EEPROM 3 x
Orange 10 6800 Try unplugging the printer for 30 seconds, if not requires service.
Home Position 4 x
Orange 10 5100 Make sure nothing is blocking the cartridge movement, if not requires service.
Temperature Sensor 5 x
Orange 10 5400 Try unplugging the printer for 30 seconds, if not requires service.
Waste Full 6 x
Orange 10 5B00 Needs Service
Cartridge OverHeat 7 x
Orange 10 5200 Replace the BJ Cartridge(Printhead)
Cartridge Overheat 8 x
Orange 10 5200 Replace the BJ Cartridge(Printhead)
Cartridge Displaced 9 x
Orange 10 5600 Replace the BJ Cartridge(Printhead) or reinstall
None None 5910 Needs Service
None None 5C00 Needs Service

Notes - BJ Cartridge Mismatch

This error can be caused by installing the BJ Cartridges (Printheads) in the wrong position in the printer. The Correct combination are as follows

Left Holder Right Holder
BC-30 BC-31
BC-32 BC-31

Insure the Cartridge lock levers are down. Reinstall both Cartridges.

Waste Error Reset

1: Power off printer
2: Hold RESUME button then press and hold POWER, the beeper will sound once.
3: Hold POWER and release RESUME
4: Press RESUME twice
5. Release POWER button
6: When the indicator lights steady, press RESUME three(3) times. The indicator should be orange.
7: Press POWER to set data

Hope this post saves you all a lot of time and money. . .
Hackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2007, 4:48 PM   #240

Hello all,

Reading through and thought I would provide some input here, I hope you don't mind.

I own a Cartridge World store and we have the facility to refill and reset the chips on CLI-8 and PG-5 cartridges. I sell cli-8 refills for £5.50 and the PG-5 for £6.50 inc vat. We operate like most stores on an exchange basis for a ready to use refilled / resetted cartridge, negating the need for you to wait.

All of my customers so far have been very happy with the inks we use, a number of them prefering it to original Canon ink.

If you get 2 minutes, read the 'Trusted Reviews' report on our cartridges whereby we out performed OEM ink in most categories:

http://www.trustedreviews.com/printe...vestigation/p9

Thanks.
CPUK is offline   Reply With Quote