Old Sep 26, 2007, 7:41 AM   #261

Well not surprising the one in test is D78 with 3 Picoliter size

if they had made the test with the R265 (1,5) picoliter

you would get a Much better Result.

/inkmaster

Inkmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2007, 8:32 AM   #262

Hi vkakula,

it seems you are the guy that goes deepest in the Canon cartridge hack so I stress you to have some info on what you have already done in order to have a good starting point and to continue your work.

You said the chip board has only 4 contacts (VCC, GND CLK, DATA) and this let me think we are in front of an I2C system. You also said a long constant bit sequence is sent at power up and this match with the fact that there are 5 chip on the I2C bus (one for each cartridge) and an address assignment sequence must be performed at the power up (5 chip means a 360 bits sequence).
By the way, also if some encryption is implemented (strange but possible), I think it is made in the printer and encrypted data is simply stored in the chip. This means that, if I want ro reset the chip to the initial state, I only need to read the chip when the cartridge is new and then re-program it with the original sequence every time I made a refill.

After sayng all this thing I come to my question, is it possible for you to provide me all the waveform you acquired, all the info about the chip soldered on the little board (I mean the marking on the chip, how many pins it has, pins footprint...) and any other ifo you have about this topic?

I own a S450 Canon printer that has non chiped cartridge but, as it start to give me some problems, I'm thinking to move to a new one but I want to be sure I can refill the cartrige without problem and, possibly, without loosing the ink monitor feature.

Any help is appreciated.
1060WestAddison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2007, 1:32 PM   #263

here is a resetter for Canon CLI8 `s

http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/vie...d=2467&p=2

headphonesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2007, 11:09 AM   #264

Who needs a resetter? Remove the light guide, i.e. the tapered piece of plastic behind the clip of the CLI-8 / PGI-5 cartridge. See also http://members.lycos.nl/dmjbijzboek/...8-inklevel.jpg

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Now you can easily check the ink level while the cartridge is mounted in the printer.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Besides the optical sensing elements that interact with the prism at the
bottom of the CLI-8 and PGI-5 cartridges, closer inspection of my ip4200
printer reveiled another optical sensor, located left, behind the front. http://members.lycos.nl/dmjbijzboek/...ide-sensor.jpg

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"This sensor does not receive light enymore when the light guide is removed. This seems to prvent the printer to detect that a refilled cartridge is present. In any case, after a few prints where I had to press the reume button to continue printingwit an "empty" catridge, now it always indicate "low ink level" but it works normally. So no warranty warning messages and the LED is still on. Of course, ink level indication does not work anymore, but since checking the inklevel visually is a snap, I don't need it and neither a chip resetter.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Have fun, Bert

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"
OpaPiloot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2007, 12:56 PM   #265

Hi everyone, merry xmas to all readers!

Well this thread seems to have dried up,I was just wondering if anybody as any news on chip resetters yet? I have obtained some reset refilled cartridges from Cartridge World here in theUK, but I have not tried them in the printer (IP5200)as yet.(by the way the cost of these refilled cartidges was almost the price of new!)

So any news?
Barn Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2007, 12:00 PM   #266

OpaPiloot wrote:
Quote:
Who needs a resetter? Remove the light guide, i.e. the tapered piece of plastic behind the clip of the CLI-8 / PGI-5 cartridge. See also http://members.lycos.nl/dmjbijzboek/...8-inklevel.jpg

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Now you can easily check the ink level while the cartridge is mounted in the printer.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Besides the optical sensing elements that interact with the prism at the
bottom of the CLI-8 and PGI-5 cartridges, closer inspection of my ip4200
printer reveiled another optical sensor, located left, behind the front. http://members.lycos.nl/dmjbijzboek/...ide-sensor.jpg

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"This sensor does not receive light enymore when the light guide is removed. This seems to prvent the printer to detect that a refilled cartridge is present. In any case, after a few prints where I had to press the reume button to continue printingwit an "empty" catridge, now it always indicate "low ink level" but it works normally. So no warranty warning messages and the LED is still on. Of course, ink level indication does not work anymore, but since checking the inklevel visually is a snap, I don't need it and neither a chip resetter.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Have fun, Bert

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"
Just wanted to clarify on this, you're saying the removal of the light guide from the cartridge will stop the printer from ever checking against the cartridge?

nirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2008, 1:02 AM   #267

Finally the Cli-8 chip resetter is a fact it is incredible it took several years before this chip resetter was ready.

To bad the resetter cost 850 euro ! ! !

:-(

they sell it here:

http://www.druckerpatronentankstelle...7e-series.html

and here is some instructions:

[align=left]Canon Chip Resetter user Guide[/align]
[align=left]Note:Because the resetter needs to be connected with printer,it is[/align]
[align=left]necessary for you to have any of the printers for the following models of[/align]
[align=left]cartridges:Canon PGI-5BK,CLI-8 series,BCI-9PGBK and BCI-7e series.[/align]
[align=left]The printer modes can be ip3300,ip4200,ip4300,ip4500,ix4000,ix500.[/align]
[align=left]1.Connect the info-collecting cartridge with the resetter,while connect the[/align]
[align=left]resetter with the printer with USB cable.[/align]
[align=left]2.Power on the printer and open the top cover.When the cartridge capsule[/align]
[align=left]moves out,the green light of the resetter will be on.Then the resetter is[/align]
[align=left]powered[/align]
[align=left]on and ready to work.[/align]
[align=left]3.Put the info-collecting cartridge into any suitable groove of the capsule.[/align]
[align=left]4.Put the cartridges to reset into the grooves of the resetter.[/align]
[align=left]5.There is a small groove at the right corner of the printer cover. And[/align]
[align=left]the cover sensor is in the groove. Press the sensor witha pencil ora[/align]
[align=left]knife, the cartridge capsule will move back.[/align]
[align=left]6.Release the sensor, the capsule will move out again. Then the red[/align]
[align=left]light on the resetter will be on. So the resetter is resetting the chips.[/align]
[align=left]7.Once the red LED light is off, the lights of the chips would be on. Then[/align]
[align=left]the resetting was achieved.[/align]
[align=left]8. Take off the cartridges achieved. If more resetting is necessary, repeat[/align]
the steps 4 to 7.
Inkmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2008, 6:51 AM   #268

There is an MPTOOL available at www.ipt.nm.ru which claims to reset manyparameters on canon printers.It works only on low level mode of the printer. I have an MP530 Canon. If anyone has succesfully reset the parameters using this tool, pl guide rest of us. Thanks !
Raajaraaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2008, 9:56 PM   #269

I downloaded MPTOOL and had great difficulty getting it to work...because all the instructions were discussed on a Russian website (in Russian). I used Google to translate the page but the translation was very difficult to understand. Early on I figured out the printer had to be in "low level mode" to communicate with MPTOOL. Figuring out how to get into "low level mode" was difficult (because of the Russian) but it's really quite easy:

1. Unplug the power cord.

2. Holddown the on/offbutton while plugging in the power cord. Keep holding the on/off button down.

3. Right away the green power light (in the button) will turn on solid. Keep holding the on/off button down.

4. Press and release the Stop/Reset button.

5. Now you can release the on/offputton.

The green power light will go off and the yellow Alarm light will stay on. Now you can run MPTOOL and resetting the ink counters will work...at least it worked for me on my MP150.

You can dowload MPTOOL at http://www.ipt.nm.ru/ At the top of the page is iPTool, further down the page is MPTOOL.

Dan
danlcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2008, 3:37 AM   #270

Whoow !! Maybythe only cheap solution ????

I just was lookingfor a cardrige solution ( IP4300 ) because4/5 cardrige are dimed off and need to be replaced .I just order 5 adopters and 5 new with chip for all the five cardrige . Problem : The chip uses memory and that makes it very hard to reset . But i have thinking .. mayby this is somthing ..

What youread is neverdone before ,experimenting with this idea is all at your own risk !

Here isasimple markable solution Unique !!

A - First you need all 5 brandnew cardrige with chips ( please keepall ink preventions inplace )

B - You need is a 4 poles - 1.50 / 2.50 meter +/-telephone cable

C - (five) (new) OEM cardrige withoutchips

D - Tin and a somthing tosolder

E -5 old chips for adopting the connection outside the printer

F - A box for the 5 new chiped cardriges

Procudure :

1 ) Make of1,5 / 2,5meter a 5 pcs of 30 / 50centimeter

2 ) Solder on each lengta old chip (this is functioned as a adopter)but firstremoveall the (useless) electronic componentsandplace them on the cardriges

3 ) Solderthe other siteof the cable to eachnew chiped cardrige cq / toner that still sits on the new orriginal cardriges ( our make a alternative contact if you dont want to solder )

4 ) Tape the 5 new cardriges togetherand *

5) Put it inthe box and give it a save unremovable place **

6 ) Put the (5) oem cardriges with the - empty and electricclean-old chips ) in the right ink location(s)

* )Looking into the new cardriges : this needs a box because of the intervering with the led this not only makes it nicer but mostly because of the outside light influence .

** )Dont turn the kid upside down our shake it . If you do , the led indicates that the cardrigesare empthyour low and the countdown proces for the chip will start !

I wait for arrive of the new ones, anybody who trymake a handshake !

See you soon

John

Netherlands

Sirman is offline   Reply With Quote