Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Feb 22, 2008, 11:28 AM   #271

Erm... put simply... No, why on earth would that work.

All that will happen is that either:
a) both chips will decide they're empty
b) the chips will confuse the printer firmware and the printer will die, refuse to print, etc..
c) you'll burn yourself with the soldering iron, lose the will to live and wish you'd gone to the pub instead.

By all means experiment but do the experimenting yourself, don't put something like this forward and wait for someone else to do your dirty work so you can benefit from their smouldering hunk of melted plastic and leaking ink.

websnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2008, 11:31 AM   #272

Inkmaster wrote:
Quote:
Finally the Cli-8 chip resetter is a fact it is incredible it took several years before this chip resetter was ready.

To bad the resetter cost 850 euro ! ! !
Oooh, wait, now isn't this the point where I yell something like

I TOLD YOU SO!

In fairness, I wish I'd been wrong but I still think that Canon haven't been entirely unreasonable in their approach, for reasons I've pointed out more than once.

Epson on the other hand are a bunch of underhand dirty cheating gits who just don't understand how badly their behaviour reflects against companies like Canon.
Old Feb 22, 2008, 11:44 AM   #273

Your not funny and more wrong then right , i asked you nothing boy . :lol:

What about the extra inkt reservoirs they alsouse in the system he ? You lazy to think longeram afrade

Sirman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2008, 12:01 PM   #274

Sirman wrote:
Quote:
Your not funny and more wrong then right , i asked you nothing boy . :lol:

What about the extra inkt reservoirs they alsouse in the system he ? You lazy to think longeram afrade
1. Boy? I'll take that as a compliment of my youthful complection.

2. How long have you played with Canon cartridges? I've got more than 2 years trying to figure them out under my belt.

3. Lazy? I think you mean't. "you're crazy to think I'm afraid"... Why on earth would I want you to be afraid???

As I said before, I very much doubt your idea will work. By all means give it a try but I can think of no logical or illogical reason for it to work at all. I suspect it will just result in an error code, due to chips being damaged or just because they'd both try to communicate at the same time.
Old Feb 22, 2008, 12:23 PM   #275

Played only today .. so a boy to . But if the old chip is clean and now a adopter , there can nothing go wrong so i not afraid of it . Mayby the magnetic influence can make the differance but like i say , i need experimenting a little bid but before that this takes 7 days before i get my cardriges .. :?
Sirman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2008, 6:49 AM   #276

Hehe... I am currently using a refilled IP3300 and haven't received any warranty warnings yet... Prolly 'cause I'm using it on a linux machine, but ironically enough, using Canon's Linux drivers...

so if something does break...I can say I didn't receive a warranty warning. (and that probably means the software hasn't had a chance to 'set' the warranty void flag on the printer...)

VintagePC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2008, 5:16 AM   #277

danlcc wrote:
Quote:
I downloaded MPTOOL and had great difficulty getting it to work...because all the instructions were discussed on a Russian website (in Russian). I used Google to translate the page but the translation was very difficult to understand. Early on I figured out the printer had to be in "low level mode" to communicate with MPTOOL. Figuring out how to get into "low level mode" was difficult (because of the Russian) but it's really quite easy:
[...]
Thanks Dan - I have downloaded MPTOOL and decoded the Russian notes with Babelfish.

Has anyone tried using MPTOOL with an MP210 printer? I couldn't get it to work with mine (as I understand the instructions so far, which may not be right), and I see that the MP210 is not listed as working with the program. I wondered if that is because noone has actually tried that printer, or because there is some basic reason why it will not work and I should give up trying. Grateful for any help.

TrevM
trevm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2008, 6:28 AM   #278

I know in the early days there were no resetters and then a few came onto the market that were very expensive. In recent weeks I have seen a German company selling stand alone resetter unites that don't even require connection to a printer. These can be found at:
http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=170211213873

For a more expensive option there is a Chinese company selling resetters that can be found at: http://www.inkmaxhk.com/Canon_Resetter.aspx

Alternatively there are also quite a few compatible cartridges now coming on the market with chips. One place this can be found is: http://www.consumablecafe.co.uk/acat...les.html#a3100

The prices should now start to drop, as I knew once one resetter was made other people would just copy it and the prices would plummet. I am very happy about this as canon has had it too good for too long.

If anyone has any more links or know of cheaper suppliers please let me know.

Hope this helps

Adam

marada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2008, 11:08 AM   #279

Here's a English version of the resetter site. don't know what week 21 means? but looks like theyhave notgot any.

FAIR-NEW!

Chip Resetter for
Canon IP4200, IP5200 - CIP 5, CLI 8
+ Refill kit

Available from Week 21/2008

suitable for the following chips Canon cartridges:

CIP-5 Black
CLI-8 Black
CLI-8 Cyan
CLI-8 Magenta
CLI-8 Yellow

CHIP-RESETTER (battery operated)

Put simply within a few seconds the chip in its original state back again and use the full functionality, including the ink-level indicator. This works both in original cartridges, and compatible cartridges on a chip original appropriate.
Resetter works with a battery, which supplied.
Chip Resetter including power supply can be found in our ebay store.

The Resetter is available from KW 21/2008 according to manufacturers.
Due to the expected high demand, we offer him already for sale. Payment will be made in advance per fund. The product is automatically sent in Week 21.

In this set are:

1 x Chip Resetter with battery
1 x Bedienungsanleitung
5 x cannulas (50 mm)
1 x drill
1 x gloves
1 x 60 ml pigmented black ink for CIP-5BK
1 x 30 ml ink photoblack for CLI 8BK
1 x 30 ml cyan ink for CLI-8C
1 x 30 ml magenta ink for CLI 8M
1 x 30 ml yellow ink for CLI 8Y
(This ink quantity guaranteed 3-maliges refilling)

Right of return under current law
Bill with proven value-added tax
manufactured and certified in accordance with ISO 9001
no matter how many items you order, you pay only once Shipping

Please visit our ebay store.

Right for private consumers:
You can change your contract declaration within one month without giving reasons in writing (eg letter, fax, e-mail) or by returning the goods. The period begins the day after the receipt of this notification in writing (such as letters, e-mail, fax), but not before the date of receipt of the shipment of goods. In order to safeguard the withdrawal period is sufficient to send the revocation or the goods. The revocation must be sent to:

walendamedia computer accessories
Poststra├če 18-20
69115 Heidelberg

Your questions will be answered like e-mail:
info@walendamedia-edv.de or at Tel 0621/1815550.

Please note our business hours Monday-Friday from 10.00-18.00 clock.

Created by eBay Turbo Lister
The free listing tool. Post your items quickly and easily and manage your active listings.

-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------

Barn Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2008, 7:21 AM   #280

Has anyone tried the guy on Ebay selling a resetter for Canon? Item # is 160240400313 and seller ID is magic-chip.
He has a resetter for around $70. Anyone know if it works?

Marco, are you really suggesting someone would pay 25,000 Euro for a resetter? Is that a typo or am I missing something?

Thanks,
John
LocalHero55 is offline   Reply With Quote