Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Nov 27, 2008, 11:16 AM   #291

Hello, there is canon chip resetter available in the market. I bought one resetter from Hebron consumer products; it really works well and has allowed me to refill the ink. I am really happy for this product..God really bless them. You could also buy the resetter from Ebay and I believe a few sellers sells for 30 dollars or so. Any way good luck.. I am happy for the reason Canon cooperate will not get our money on their ink cartridges. When I contacted Hebron for my purchase, they told they are going to market canon resetter with ink tanks compactable with Canon and the wonderful thing is it has readymade IC chip pre installed; which would work. if you need their website is www.hebronconsumerproducts.com.... I belive they have the lowest price in the market.
Jesuslives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2008, 3:52 PM   #292

Jesuslives wrote:
Quote:
Hello, there is canon chip resetter available in the market. I bought one resetter from Hebron consumer products; it really works well and has allowed me to refill the ink. I am really happy for this product..God really bless them. You could also buy the resetter from Ebay and I believe a few sellers sells for 30 dollars or so. Any way good luck.. I am happy for the reason Canon cooperate will not get our money on their ink cartridges. When I contacted Hebron for my purchase, they told they are going to market canon resetter with ink tanks compactable with Canon and the wonderful thing is it has readymade IC chip pre installed; which would work. if you need their website is http://www.hebronconsumerproducts.com.... I belive they have the lowest price in the market.
It's a little suspicious to have your first post a link to a product. It's further suspicious using an account name "jesus lives" and the site you reccomend quotes [url=http://hebronconsumerproducts.com/shop/index.php?main_page=page_2]John. 3:16,17[/quote]

As for the price, $26.50 is pretty cheap, but shipping starts at $6.36 for a total of $32.86. Given USPS shipping is only $3 or so ($2.75 in my case), it would be cheaper to buy elsewhere, or about the same depending.
http://www.google.com/products?q=can...&scoring=p
not listed in froogle is
http://www.resetterstore.com/Default.asp?Redirected=Y
http://www.inkfilling.com/show_canon...-resetter.html

IGExpandingPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2008, 7:08 AM   #293

That spammer has hit a few other forums with the same spiel...

The maths don't lie though so large pinch of dead sea required...
websnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2008, 6:03 PM   #294

websnail wrote:
Quote:
That spammer has hit a few other forums with the same spiel...

The maths don't lie though so large pinch of dead sea required...
Well, there is another site selling the bluesetter that also offers to sell copies of "the god that wasn't there". Personally I think both are in bad taste.

IGExpandingPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2008, 6:34 PM   #295

Hi All

As the owner of 2 Canon IP5200R's I have been following this topic for some time. The Canon printer is great, other than the high cost of ink, refills work but the printer then has a fit. However talk of a chip reseter got me looking to see if I could buy one. I had a lookaround the Internet and found the one youguys are talking about.

However cost is just £10.06p from ink.co.uk I hope it will arrive later today or Monday. I will posthow I get on with it.

If you select Canon and then IP5200 then on the3rd page of cartridges.

"Reset Device is listed

The filling capacity of the CLI-8 ink cartridge is registered on the chip. Once the chip indicates that the cartridge is empty you are able to reverse this by using a reset device, which actually allows a reprogramming, to indicate the ink cartridge as full. The reset device is used foremost to activate the filling level indicator but may also be used when refilling original cartridges. The use of the device may not be required with compatible ink cartridges as these also operate whilst the filling level indicator is switched off. The entire process only takes a few seconds to complete, enabling you to make use of all functions including the filling level indicator.

The application could not be simpler: Simply hold the reset device to the ink cartridge and it will automatically reprogram the cartridges integrated electronics with new software, within a few seconds, and thus resetting the current status to "cartridge full&#x93"

I am keeping my fingers crossed that this works.

Mike555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2008, 6:10 PM   #296

Hi Mike

I have the same resetter from Ink.co.uk and it works fine doesn't come with instructions though!. Basically you slide the cartridge down the guide to the contacts and hold it there,the cartridges Ledwill flash, gooff then come on and stay on for about 5 seconds, when it goes off again it's done!.
phaedra1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2008, 12:52 PM   #297

Well the chip reset device arrived and it works, so far I have re-set 20 original Canon cartridges. The Canon IP5200 now sees each cartridge as a new one.

Mike555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2008, 11:45 AM   #298
Administrator

refillcart

We do not allow advertising in our forums.

JimC

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2009, 7:15 AM   #299

First - scuse me for my bad english

Canon relase new series of Pixma all-in-one (MP 540/240/260 etc.) with new chiped cartridge, like PGI-520BK.
Who now in how many time the "smart boys" invent the chip resseter for this cartridge? Possible to take along?
The PIXMA MP540 is available from October 2008!
Lyvyoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2009, 3:57 PM   #300

This is the chip compare: left PGI5, right PGI520
Visual, look-a-like. Somebody try the old chip resseter for new pgi520bk?
Lyvyoo is offline   Reply With Quote