Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Mar 24, 2006, 12:54 PM   #11

websnail interesting..but what do you mean?

When i do clean cycles etc i still see ink comming out the tube successfully and into my waste bottle.
Kenjii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2006, 1:00 PM   #12

i can take a pic of the waste pads and how they look..they are quite black today when i woke up...

Idle i can try that method...so i just take a syringe and put a little windex in it and pump it into the spike in the carriage?
Old Mar 25, 2006, 12:15 PM   #13

Kenjii wrote:
Quote:
websnail interesting..but what do you mean?

When i do clean cycles etc i still see ink comming out the tube successfully and into my waste bottle.
This would probably help explain a little better.

http://mis.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=124#
websnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2006, 1:37 PM   #14

i dont think ive disconnected it because i still see ink running through the tube underneath the carriage/cleaning pad area. when it does clean cycles..etc
Old Mar 26, 2006, 2:26 PM   #15

Kenjii wrote:
Quote:
i dont think ive disconnected it because i still see ink running through the tube underneath the carriage/cleaning pad area. when it does clean cycles..etc
Sorry, shoudl have been more specific..

Quote:
From Marine Feb 8 2006, 05:13 PM

I have noted one issue that can cause a problem with the waste tank.

If the tube goes up more than 2 inches or so from the waste pump before it goes into the bottle the ink will drain back into the park pad and cause ink to smear on the print head. After setting over night the printer will print a yellowish greyish mess all over the paper.

This was fixed by running the tube the shortest distance possible to the top of a 4oz bottle.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 6:55 PM   #16

.strange...although im not sure if thats my issue..the colors i get are almost to light ...the reds arnt working anymore and the yellow is Light Magenta.

How would i reduce the max heigth of the tubing, since all there is, is the open hinge. ? Ill take a pic of what i have....besides drilling a hole in the base of the printer what else do you suggest? hehe

http://ka0s.gamerzlegacy.com/101_0178.JPG
Old Apr 5, 2006, 7:05 PM   #17

I guess what i mean to say is can it be repairable if this is the case? or once the damage is done im SOL ?
Old Apr 9, 2006, 8:47 AM   #18

Kenjii wrote:
Quote:
.strange...although im not sure if thats my issue..the colors i get are almost to light ...the reds arnt working anymore and the yellow is Light Magenta.

How would i reduce the max heigth of the tubing, since all there is, is the open hinge. ? Ill take a pic of what i have....besides drilling a hole in the base of the printer what else do you suggest? hehe

http://ka0s.gamerzlegacy.com/101_0178.JPG
You're probably right... I'm at a bit of a loss to explain what's happening with my own kits in all honesty but in terms of cleaning up the issue I'm having a few problems resolving it.. From what I can tell the head has got small clogged particles that seem to redirect the jet slightly which gives an jetting in the wrong places.

I'm exploring further so I'll keep you posted..
Old Apr 10, 2006, 1:05 AM   #19

Sounds good...i am gonna buy a refurb r200 and hook my CIS up to it.. i will keep this printer around i suppose Just so i can toy with it later and learn more about the disposable epsons
Old Apr 10, 2006, 8:08 AM   #20

Kenjii wrote:
Quote:
Sounds good...i am gonna buy a refurb r200 and hook my CIS up to it.. i will keep this printer around i suppose Just so i can toy with it later and learn more about the disposable epsons
Just as a quick update on this one...

I've been perservering with this by relocating the waste ink tank as low as I can get it (much like you've done) and then using MIS cleaning fluid to soak the sponge pad where the head rests and that seems to have done the trick as follows:

1. Move printhead to exchange position and then out of the way.
2. Use a lot of tissue (absorbant material) to empty as much ink out of the sponge pad (where printhead rests and cleans through) as possible.
3. Soak the sponge with MIS cleaning fluid until a puddle exists in the sponge unit
4. Turn off printer so that the printhead returns to rest over the pad.
5. Wait 24 hours
6. Turn back on printer and run a cleaning cycle
7. Print nozzle check

8. Repeat as required.

I could have wasted some of my time with this but it seems that the use of SSC utility to run a "Powerful head clean" routine helped too and may have dislodged most of the rest of the dried out ink.

It's pretty odd but I'm now pretty sure that the problem was caused by the head having small deposits of ink that built up around the inkjet exit ports and was acting as some kind of deflector.

There's probably an easier way of actually resolving this but I didn't want to chance my arm until I was sure there was nothing to lose. I'm wondering if another solution might be to:
- run a few paper towels through the paper feed but stopped under where the print head runs
- adjust the towels to be high enough to brush the printhead lightly.
- soak towels in distilled water and/or cleaning fluid
- run the head back and forth manually.
- repeat as required.

Obviously if you don't get any ink streaks it isn't working but the obvious safey point is that you don't want to get water/cleaner in the head electronics so this may be a bad approach...

Anyways, hope that helps