Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Mar 15, 2006, 11:02 PM   #1

I've had the R220 for a couple months now and everything has worked great until recently. After the original Epson cartridges ran out, I bought a set from Megatoners and after a week or two I noticed that if I leave my printer always turned on and don't print for more than one day and then come back to print something the printer goes through the cleaning cycle. I was just wondering what I can do to make the cleaning cycles stop (I am wasting SO much ink). For the record, I am currently using a CIS from PrintOnADime but having the same problems as the Megatoners ink. I am now using the MIS Autoprint but I find it bothersome that I have to use a username & password with it because I don't like to type in my password everytime I restart my computer. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
lav9794 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 17, 2006, 11:29 PM   #2

The only sure way I know of to stop it is to remove the waste ink tube from the parking block.

To find it, move the heads away from the parking position and look down the front -- you'll see the clear tube with green stripe.

You can disconnect it with a suitable tool -- be extra careful not to break the spigot it attaches to.

The printer will still go through the cleaning cycle as usual but it won't pump any ink.

If you do this, remember to put the tube back occasionally and initiate a head clean, otherwise you'll wind up with the mother of all clogs...
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote