Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Mar 16, 2006, 7:26 AM   #1

Whilst looking at the Canon uk site for guidance on Ink tank replacement I found the following at technical support/Printer/Inkjet/Pixma iP series/5200/|FAQ :-

"How does the low ink warning setting work?"[/i][/b]

The user can receive notification of a low ink level through the control panel or the Status Monitor. [/i]

When the ink counter is reset, it will assume that the ink tank is full regardless of how much ink actually remains. The reset is the only way to match the counter value with an actual ink volume. Reset the ink counter when installing a new ink tank. [/b][/i]

The status monitor will display a low ink warning. The '!' shows a low level in the ink tank.[/i]

I have attempted to find this option when using the printer,without success. I have further looked in the On Screen UserManual/guide application provided with the printer but can find no mention of this important stage in the "installing new ink tanks section " (which I find odd............)

Examination of the ink status monitor "picture"shows 5 ink tanks... the big Black is

"full to the top" and the other 4 are shown as half full. and the statement "ink levels are adequate"....They are all actually physically full to the top. I have looked at all options available in the Ink Status monitor pane without success.

Perhaps this ink re-set counter that is so important does not show itself until a cart run-out and re-install procedure happens......but I would have expected to see reference to it in the OS User Manual. Anyone have any ideas??.......

headphonesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 21, 2006, 7:20 PM   #2

I'd hazzard a guess that someone did a copy/paste from the iP5000 or other old printer models docs...

With the new chip it's highly unlikely it'd provide you with a "reset" function..
websnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2006, 4:25 AM   #3

Quote:
I'd hazzard a guess that someone did a copy/paste from the iP5000 or other old printer models docs...
Thanks websnail,

that would sound about right for Canon !......it is the only thing that seems to fit the facts at the moment.
headphonesman is offline   Reply With Quote