Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 6, 2006, 10:27 AM   #91
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10
Default

websnail wrote:
Quote:
Baconman wrote:
Quote:
I allready have the Orginal cartridges and i would think that i was a question of getting a standard CSI system with tubes etc.

Is there no guide anywhere how to fit the tubes and connections anywhere on the net ?
Not yet... but there will be soon

Just keep watching this forum... and take note of the post above your first one..

k, will keep watching this forum, thx for the help and very quick response m8
Baconman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2006, 4:57 PM   #92
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 10
Default

websnail wrote:
Quote:
sash wrote:

Ok, I have the elbows, I managed to just pull them out of the cartridges on my Ip4000 ink system. The next bit I need to do is fit them onto my IP4200 originals.

My main issues are the following. How do I made holes in the Ip4200 originals without damaging them??? Should I use a electric drill or something sharp to peirce the cartridges.

Secondly how do I get the ink to run freely into the IP4200 originals. At the moment the ink is not in all the tubes, how do I get the ink to run continuously from the Ink Tanks to the cartrdiges, there are lots of gaps of air in the tubing at the moment.

Also on the IP4000 the elbows connected on the bottom half of the cartridge directly into the ink, on that PIC it seems like the IP4200 ones lead into the white sponge comparment of the cartridge.
sash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2006, 5:10 PM   #93
Senior Member
 
websnail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 475
Default

sash wrote:
Quote:
Ok, I have the elbows, I managed to just pull them out of the cartridges on my Ip4000 ink system. The next bit I need to do is fit them onto my IP4200 originals.

My main issues are the following. How do I made holes in the Ip4200 originals without damaging them??? Should I use a electric drill or something sharp to peirce the cartridges.
I just drilled mine with a drill that was roughly the same size as the elbow pieces.. Just be careful to:
- drill in the right place
- drill carefully so you don't push too hard and break the cartridge
- avoid pushing the drill into the sponge or drill at high revs as it can result in the drill bit catching the foam and twising it up and out (not good)


Quote:
Secondly how do I get the ink to run freely into the IP4200 originals. At the moment the ink is not in all the tubes, how do I get the ink to run continuously from the Ink Tanks to the cartrdiges, there are lots of gaps of air in the tubing at the moment.
You're going to need to use a syringe or a little gravity to get the ink to fill most of the tubes.. If you have a syringe you can use it to pull the ink to near the end and then clamp it anywhere along the tube using some tube clamps or just fold it over to get the same effect.

So long as your CIS kit has no leaks that stop the ink being drawn in to replace ink used you'll be fine.


Quote:
Also on the IP4000 the elbows connected on the bottom half of the cartridge directly into the ink, on that PIC it seems like the IP4200 ones lead into the white sponge comparment of the cartridge.
This is what I mean't when I said the picture would be good.. That picture was about right... The things to remember are that it needs to be away from under the printhead retaining lever but over the sponge.. Mine were staggered somewhat and I'll take a picture at some point soon.




In other news, sorry to burst your bubbles but I'm waiting on confirmation that this issue:
http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...539373#p539373
won't cause us problems so you might want to hold off on doing anything until we resolve that or it may all be somewhat pointless...

Here's hoping...
websnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2006, 6:13 AM   #94
Senior Member
 
websnail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 475
Default

Ok... I finally got around to getting some images of my iP4200 setup online so feel free to take a look here

Edit: Updated to new gallery URL.


websnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2006, 7:53 AM   #95
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10
Default

websnail wrote:
Quote:
Ok... I finally got around to getting some images of my iP4200 setup online so feel free to take a look here

link is down (
Baconman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2006, 8:14 AM   #96
Senior Member
 
websnail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 475
Default

Baconman wrote:
Quote:
link is down (
I was upgrading my gallery as the original version had a few vulnerabilities in it and I don't need the hassle of a script kiddie playing silly bugg*rs.

The link should now be up but it'll redirect you to:
http://www.continuousink.info/forum/...p?g2_itemId=85

Sorry for the confusion there.. :?
websnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2006, 8:18 AM   #97
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10
Default

websnail wrote:
Quote:
Baconman wrote:
Quote:
link is down (
I was upgrading my gallery as the original version had a few vulnerabilities in it and I don't need the hassle of a script kiddie playing silly bugg*rs.

The link should now be up but it'll redirect you to:
http://www.continuousink.info/forum/...p?g2_itemId=85

Sorry for the confusion there.. :?

heh, says the gallery is empty
Baconman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2006, 8:35 AM   #98
Senior Member
 
websnail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 475
Default

Baconman wrote:
Quote:
heh, says the gallery is empty
Gah... ok... it's working now.. just tested it properly with permissions now updated.. I forgot there's a quirk with perms and gallery2.
websnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2006, 8:39 AM   #99
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10
Default

websnail wrote:
Quote:
Baconman wrote:
Quote:
heh, says the gallery is empty
Gah... ok... it's working now.. just tested it properly with permissions now updated.. I forgot there's a quirk with perms and gallery2.
Wow .. looks great .. and it works perfect ?

I have to get me one of those ( but can i figure it out and make one myself )
What about the price on the whole CIS, what did it cost when finished ?

Can't understand that there is not a CIS set anywhere, think there is going to be made one sometimes soon ??

Baconman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2006, 8:46 AM   #100
Senior Member
 
websnail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 475
Default

Baconman wrote:
Quote:
Wow .. looks great .. and it works perfect ?
Well, my other half is a teacher and my official tester.. She thrashes 2 iP4200's and 2x iP4000's regularly as part of two printer pools, doing all her worksheets, resources and lately revision guides. On average each printer does about 200 sheets of 30% coverage, 20% colour, every other night and so far there's been no problems

Quote:
I have to get me one of those ( but can i figure it out and make one myself ) What about the price on the whole CIS, what did it cost when finished ?
The parts were pretty cheap when I finally worked out where to look and I got very lucky when it came to finding a more local ink supplier that handles Image Specialists inks (Same as MIS)... The biggest cost overall was time (8 weeks of research - most of that parts related) but actual parts cost it's about 30 GBP ($55 US). If you're building more than one though it comes down significantly as you don't need to buy more epoxy resin for mounting the elbow joints.


Quote:
Can't understand that there is not a CIS set anywhere, think there is going to be made one sometimes soon ??
The problem is that you need to have a set of Canon original cartridges with their chips attached and that costs a fortune.. Until someone produces a compatible cartridge with compatible chips it's just never going to happen.. Plus you have to remember that these printers haven't really been around all that long.. It takes time to research stuff and having talked to a couple of CIS manufacturers it seems like we're actually on the cutting edge with this stuff..
websnail is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 8:52 PM.