Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jun 7, 2006, 9:05 AM   #101

I think i'm able to put it all together myself when i have your pictures to lean on, i've also googled the dealers here in denmark and found this one who sells the parts : http://www.trykspar.dk/index.html?la...arget=d10.html

hope its allright to link to sites, otherwise sorry

I know you cant read danish, but think you know the parts when you see them, sp can you please look at it and tell me if is something i can use to make a system of my own ..

And perhaps you could give me some links when i'm buying ink, and the rest of the parts needed to make the system ?

Baconman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2006, 9:12 AM   #102

this is a standard picture, the system is made for Canon Pixma Ip4000, dont you think its possible to fit it to the Ip4200 ??
Its the same amount of cartridges and the same colors ( not that the colors matters ) and i would think i would be able to fit it to the cartridges on the ip4200.

I have the orginal cartridges with the chip on it and everything, they are brand new and i would guess that it would work if i just was to drill the hole for the fitting, seal it and i would be ready to go .. or am i mistaken ?

Thx for the help, really gratefull
Attached Images

Old Jun 7, 2006, 9:39 AM   #103

If you want a peice of good advice, buy a ready made IP4000 CIS and modify it, this will save you alot of time. Im going a "Lin Systems" kit from ebay and it was shipped from Honk Kong inc postage for £35.00, not bad imo.

Secondly, if a company is to release a CIS kit for the IP4200, it can easily be done but you will have to transfer the chips from your original can cartridgesto the Ip4200 CIS.

Cheers, When I have mine done will post some pics. Also why are the cartridges staggered??? Do they need to be like that Websnail???
sash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2006, 10:23 AM   #104

sash wrote:
Quote:
Also why are the cartridges staggered??? Do they need to be like that Websnail???
They don't need to be like that but it's the way I chose to do it.. My way ensures the tubing is more or less directed out to the side rather than out at a slight angle so there's less warping.

It's somewhat experimental but it works..
websnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2006, 10:29 AM   #105

Baconman wrote:
Quote:
this is a standard picture, the system is made for Canon Pixma Ip4000, dont you think its possible to fit it to the Ip4200 ??
Its the same amount of cartridges and the same colors ( not that the colors matters ) and i would think i would be able to fit it to the cartridges on the ip4200.

I have the orginal cartridges with the chip on it and everything, they are brand new and i would guess that it would work if i just was to drill the hole for the fitting, seal it and i would be ready to go .. or am i mistaken ?
Well the picture made me do a double take as it's the Epson 220 printer but that's just them being lazy..

Bottom line you're going to get a generic kit and yes you probably could convert it easily enough to use the iP4200 cartridges so long as you remember you'll need to prime the system.

I don't know the exchange rate though so I've no idea on cost and in truth I haven't found a good iP4000 system yet (only tried one from MIS) so I can't really comment
on whether they're much good or not..

It's got to be easier than building one from scratch though
Old Jun 7, 2006, 11:35 AM   #106

Quote:
Not sure i know what you mean when you say :
Bottom line you're going to get a generic kit and yes you probably could convert it easily enough to use the iP4200 cartridges so long as you remember you'll need to prime the system.

Prime the system ??
Old Jun 7, 2006, 1:20 PM   #107

It's all over, I fitted the system but was unable to prime the black inks, the colors seemed ok but I had enough in the end. I now have ink on my forehead, arms and legs thanks to my escapades.

I decided to try those IP4200 chipless compatibles again, I really rammed them into place this time and they fit!!! So now I will buy all my cartirdges from ebay. Just bought 2 complete sets. 10 cartridges for £19.90.

I have one CIS IP4000 system that if anyone wants they can take off my hands free for the price of postage, Nb there are no cartridges attached to the ends of the tubes, you'll have to have a go yourself.

Shame it didnt work, but at least I can have the lid down on my printer keeping it looking pretty and dust free.

sash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2006, 1:40 PM   #108

Baconman wrote:
Quote:
Not sure i know what you mean when you say :

Prime the system ??
Yep... that's when you ensure the tubing and cartridges are full with ink and aren't leaking.

There's various schools of thought on how to achieve this but this post from Ocular is a good place to find out.

Given Sash's post though I got a bit of a reality check and I think it's fair to say that you're best off waiting until you have ALL the information before you proceed. Much as I don't wish to cast aspersions on Sash's efforts (mainly because I'm dissing myself here) but the gung ho' approach isn't the way to tackle this..

Methodical, patient: stop, think, think some more, double check, think and then act is the way to go... What I'd term the "paint the pilot in the toy plane before you start building" approach (and no, I was really cr*p at that) :?

So, my advice... wait until I get the guide together (or someone else does) and then start your prep.. in the mean time, patience..
Old Jun 13, 2006, 12:56 AM   #109

Isn't waiting annoying!
sjolmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2006, 3:28 AM   #110

sjolmers wrote:
Quote:
Isn't waiting annoying!
No kidding...

The good news is that I finally have all the parts I need to actually start getting a new guide together... The bad news is that I have a school with a bunch of clogged printes, new machines to fix up and a client with WinMe who neglected to update his AV protection for a year and I have to clean it up.. so we need to wait a little longer..

I am starting getting it together today though.. Just the write up might take a while longer.