Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jun 13, 2006, 11:12 PM   #111

Can you please provide me with information regarding the CIS system. I am interested in purchasing these in large quantities to sell within our shop system across Australia.
camerolegend3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2006, 3:06 AM   #112

camerolegend3 wrote:
Quote:
Can you please provide me with information regarding the CIS system. I am interested in purchasing these in large quantities to sell within our shop system across Australia.
Whoa there nelly...

I'm not selling the kits nor would I want to as there's still a number of unresolved issues with the chipped cartridges that could well affect the long term usage of a CIS.

You should bear in mind that a CIS for the iP4200 or any other chipped Canon would need to use Canon OEM cartridges (with chips still intact) so it's not something you could source easily and/or cheaply...

websnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2006, 4:16 PM   #113

found a new system for the CIS ip4200..

check this out, only small issue is that if you would like to place an ordre, there are som taxes etc. and i have to order at least 500 pieces

http://orink.manufacturer.globalsour...GetProduct.htm
Baconman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2006, 3:11 AM   #114

Baconman wrote:
Quote:
found a new system for the CIS ip4200..

check this out, only small issue is that if you would like to place an ordre, there are som taxes etc. and i have to order at least 500 pieces

http://orink.manufacturer.globalsour...GetProduct.htm
Also a small matter of this in the details:
  • Quote:
    Note:there are no chips in the above ink cartridges
    [/*]
So, you'd still need to get your users to transfer their chips which isn't that easy for your average end user and there's still no guarantee that the CIS is going to continue to work forever either... although for all that mine is still ticking over..
Old Jun 30, 2006, 2:57 AM   #115

laikanuki wrote:
Quote:
Image of iP4200 continuous flow setup. The lid has to be removed and a wedge inserted to close the microswitch which allows the printheads to move to the centre
Could you explain further, I have a CIS kit for IP4200 but have a hard time installing it. I am not sure what is wedge and microswitch. Would appreciate your help with to install this CIS kit. Would appreciate further if you can send me an instructions of how you did it to my email address.

Thanks.:bye:Victor
victorcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2006, 3:03 AM   #116

victorcy wrote:
Quote:
laikanuki wrote:
Quote:
Image of iP4200 continuous flow setup. The lid has to be removed and a wedge inserted to close the microswitch which allows the printheads to move to the centre
Could you explain further, I have a CIS kit for IP4200 but have a hard time installing it. I am not sure what is wedge and microswitch. Would appreciate your help with to install this CIS kit. Would appreciate further if you can send me an instructions of how you did it to my email address.
He's just referring to the lid microswitch which is located on the right side... This tells the printer when the lid is closed or open so you just need something to hold the switch in the down position so the printer thinks the lid is closed.

A CIS kit would obviously lift the lid up and stop the switch from being pushed down properly.
Old Jul 6, 2006, 11:26 PM   #117

I would like to ask you about your printers the 4200 & or 4000 Canons. I'm in Phoenix, AZ. USA and we do a lot of printing. We are interested in trying a CIS system. Could you give us some pointers please.
gusy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2006, 11:33 PM   #118

I am in Phoenix, AZ. and I would like to ask to someone that knows how to set up a CIS system for ip4200 to help me. I will pay you. Also where can i buy the CIS for these printers. My e-mail address is gusy007@hotmail.com please contact me. On this matter. I'm serious.
gusy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2006, 5:35 PM   #119

HOW DO I OVERIDE RUNNING LOW LIGHTS ON MY IP4200, I HAVE JUST REFILED BUT THEY STILL SHOW RUNNING LOW

MY EMAIL ADDRESS pondarosa@dodo.com.au

REGARDS MIKE

pondarosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2006, 1:55 AM   #120

pondarosa wrote:
Quote:
HOW DO I OVERIDE RUNNING LOW LIGHTS ON MY IP4200, I HAVE JUST REFILED BUT THEY STILL SHOW RUNNING LOW

You dont. The lights are activated by how many times the nozzles have fired -regardless of how much ink is physically seen to be in the cart, (or how it got there)

Eventually the counters will state that the cart is empty, even tho its not, then you have to go through the Canon "on your own head be it procedure" which withdraws the ink level monitor for that cart. Thereafter you must physically monitor the level of the cart(s) on a regular basis, refilling before coming empty on the resovoir side. If you run the cart dry you will risk burning out your printhead.
headphonesman is offline   Reply With Quote