Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Feb 9, 2007, 8:22 AM   #211

paiger651 wrote:
Quote:
It is working great im going to use the Lyson brand ink just need to find the a dealer to purchase from.
Lyson has been acquired by Nazdar. I called the "local" USA distributor of Lyson inks (other side of my state) and they were unaware of Lyson inks for Canon printors, particularly replacements for CLI-8 and PGI-5 cartridges. The Lyson web site from the UK does list for sale CISS systems for Canonmodels and even ICC profiles for Canon printers but they all utilize the BCI cartridge. The operator/salesman took my number and said he would inquire and get back to me. No word yet.

Maybe Sam Cahir can shed some light on this issue as he suggested using Lyson ink for a Canon CISS system.

Does it matter if you use ink sold for a Canon i9xxx or S800 or S900 in the new Pixma IP and MP printers?
Stratman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2007, 5:16 PM   #212

I have been watching all the talk about the canon chipped printers, my i560 is about 4 years old still going strong. i refill the same carts and i'm just getting ready to put a new yellow cart in, some times i have to do a cleaning for the yellow to work. anyways i figure that this printer will quit in the near future. so i purchased a IP4200 last week thats still in the box until needed ($60.00 from officemax), one of the better sites i have found for info as well as supplies is alotofthings.com yes i am waiting for a chip resetter before i open the new printer
mrelmo is offline   Reply With Quote