Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Apr 30, 2006, 2:02 PM   #61

O/K phaedra1106 point taken, I was really trying to help folks that want to stay above the warranty thing. I have used the standard Printrite refill kit on My ip 5200 and found no differance in colour (maybe they wont last 100 years but who cares Hi! HI!) I have ordered the Hobbies kit thank you for the link. Barn-Owl
Barn Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2006, 3:57 PM   #62

Why do you thank yourself for the link? :?
Barn Owl wrote:
Quote:
O/K phaedra1106 point taken, I was really trying to help folks that want to stay above the warranty thing. I have used the standard Printrite refill kit on My ip 5200 and found no differance in colour (maybe they wont last 100 years but who cares Hi! HI!) I have ordered the Hobbies kit thank you for the link Barn-Owl
sjolmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2006, 4:18 PM   #63

Oh dear slap My hands for forgetting the full stop............
Barn Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2006, 9:46 AM   #64

Does the lid always stay open??? Why not drill out a dime size hole in the top of the lid directly over where the black tube turns down and run the feed through there and close the lid? If you don't you are going to shut down the printer eventually due to dust accumulation. :sad:
racewizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2006, 5:50 PM   #65

Are these cli carts smart enough to know if they have been inserted into a different printer after they are refilled?
silent_type is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2006, 3:33 AM   #66

silent_type wrote:
Quote:
Are these cli carts smart enough to know if they have been inserted into a different printer after they are refilled?
I don't KNOW this for certain but somehow I doubt very much that Canon would have gone to all of the trouble of creating these new chips with encoded algorithms, etc.. and then leave a big loophole open for refilling companies to be able to collect up the iP4200 carts, refill them and then sell them back on the basis that people would not likely receive their own cart back.

Like I said, I don't have any proof but I just can't see it being likely...
websnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2006, 3:38 AM   #67

I
Quote:
dont think any attempt to refill the cartridge is detected, what is detected is an"officially empty" cart is being placed in the machine and apparently being used and therefore voiding the warranty.......it doesnt know or care whether you have put ink in it or not....."This parrot is dead! "
This is an extract from one of my previous posts in this thread. This condition will apply whichever CLI8 compliant machine is being used. The chip stays "told " and communicates this to whichever machine it is placed in.
headphonesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2006, 11:05 AM   #68

What kind of tubes do you people buy for your contimuos ink supply system? and where can i buy those?
sjolmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2006, 11:27 PM   #69

BTW, in case anyone has missed it, chip resetters are marketed for the Epson printers. Hopefully the gnomes are at work designing chip resetters fro the Canon.
hsweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2006, 5:44 AM   #70

anyone tried to initialize the eeprom. Should be the same operation of the IP4000.

cwl_999 is offline   Reply With Quote