Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old May 24, 2006, 11:31 AM   #71

Hello, I was going to purchase a Continuous INK system for an Ip4000 and modify it for an Ip4200, can anyone who's done this tell me if I need to buy anything extra like spigots or tubing and will it work???

Thanks
sash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2006, 2:38 PM   #72

sash wrote:
Quote:
Hello, I was going to purchase a Continuous INK system for an Ip4000 and modify it for an Ip4200, can anyone who's done this tell me if I need to buy anything extra like spigots or tubing and will it work???

Thanks
If you can wait until sometime next week I will have received all the parts I need to repeat my third iP4200 kit and will be in a position to photograph every stage and describe how I do it.

I'll provide a kit list at that point as well...
websnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2006, 4:41 PM   #73

thanks that would be great Websnail.

I am in the UK, I suppose this could be an issues acquiring parts, however hopefully the websites that sell the bits ship internaitonally.
Old May 28, 2006, 8:19 AM   #74

websnail wrote:
Quote:
sash wrote:
Quote:

Thanks
If you can wait until sometime next week I will have received all the parts I need to repeat my third iP4200 kit and will be in a position to photograph every stage and describe how I do it.

I'll provide a kit list at that point as well...

Great cheers, also does anyone know if the IP4000 cartridges are the same size and shape as the IP4200??? Was thinkning about transferring the chips

Old May 28, 2006, 1:05 PM   #75

sash wrote:
Quote:
Great cheers, also does anyone know if the IP4000 cartridges are the same size and shape as the IP4200??? Was thinkning about transferring the chips
The typical ip4000 tanks won't fit in the ip4200. There are minor differences in the shape. The reverse may not be true.

zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2006, 4:14 PM   #76

sash wrote:
Quote:
thanks that would be great Websnail.

I am in the UK, I suppose this could be an issues acquiring parts, however hopefully the websites that sell the bits ship internaitonally.
There are sites that sell the bits but in truth you're going to find it difficult to get them at prices that aren't pretty over the top.

This is teetering on the edge of the advertising rule for this forum so apologies to the mods if I've gone to far but just to note I will be putting kits of parts for the iP4200 on eBay at some point in the future as it's just impossible to get them without buying in bulk. So I'm taking a chance and getting in a collection of bits that work well..

If nought else I'll list the original bits for people to be able to try and source their own if they choose... so watch this space for the bits list..
Old May 29, 2006, 12:00 PM   #77

Zakezuke wrote:-
Quote:
The typical ip4000 tanks won't fit in the ip4200. There are minor differences in the shape. The reverse may not be true.

The reverse is not true .

I have tried a CLI 8 Magenta chipped cart in my 4000. It appears to fit and work ok, but there is of course little advantage to be had from this, I only did this to test the possibility. I imagine that CLI 8`s were designed to be backwards compatable with BCI6 machines.
headphonesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2006, 2:09 PM   #78

I have tried the opposite by trying to fit a BCI-6 in a IP4200. It doesnt fit. the BCI-6 is around 4mm longer and is too large to clip down.

Also I did buy some of these chipless cartridges off ebay which state that by using original canon ip4200 chips will work, but after removing the chip from my cli-8 black and putting it on the chipless compatible it did not clip down.

I wasted 25.00GBP on 10 cartridges which say they fit a ip4200 but dont. They are infact BCJ-3000 cartridges and are useless now.

To WEBSNAIL > > > If you read this, I ordered a IP4000 CIS system off ebay for $65.00 around 35GBP and am awaiting its arrival.

Hopefully I should be able to drill a small hole in the top of my CLI-8 catrdige and fit this CIS system to it. This is my plan. If you have any advice please give me. Cheers, also I look forward to the pics of the IP4200 CIS systems you said you made.
Old May 29, 2006, 4:58 PM   #79

sash wrote:
Quote:
I have tried the opposite by trying to fit a BCI-6 in a IP4200. It doesnt fit. the BCI-6 is around 4mm longer and is too large to clip down.

Also I did buy some of these chipless cartridges off ebay which state that by using original canon ip4200 chips will work, but after removing the chip from my cli-8 black and putting it on the chipless compatible it did not clip down.

I wasted 25.00GBP on 10 cartridges which say they fit a ip4200 but dont. They are infact BCJ-3000 cartridges and are useless now.
Ouch... that's not good... I'd pursue the sellers and go throught the dispute procedure because I suspect you won't be alone and I'm sure a few people would rather learn from your experience than their own, if you get my drift.

Quote:
To WEBSNAIL > > > If you read this, I ordered a IP4000 CIS system off ebay for $65.00 around 35GBP and am awaiting its arrival.

Hopefully I should be able to drill a small hole in the top of my CLI-8 catrdige and fit this CIS system to it. This is my plan. If you have any advice please give me. Cheers, also I look forward to the pics of the IP4200 CIS systems you said you made.
I'm still waiting on the plastic parts which finish off the ink reservoir end of things and currently kicking a few problems with Yellow ink and my C series printers so it'll probably be sometime next week..
Old May 29, 2006, 6:21 PM   #80

"I'm still waiting on the plastic parts which finish off the ink reservoir end of things and currently kicking a few problems with Yellow ink and my C series printers so it'll probably be sometime next week.."

I just bought a Canon MP500, and I have not open the box yet. Will I be able to use a CIS or cart. refills? If not, I think I will take the printer back because the Canon's ink makes it too expensive to operate.

Al

Big_Al is offline   Reply With Quote