Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old May 30, 2006, 3:49 PM   #81

Big_Al wrote:
Quote:
I just bought a Canon MP500, and I have not open the box yet. Will I be able to use a CIS or cart. refills? If not, I think I will take the printer back because the Canon's ink makes it too expensive to operate.
Hi Al,

I'll be honest, I have an MP750 which has been very difficult for me to install a CIS into.. I eventually removed the CIS I had installed so I could regroup, think about what I'd learned and then try again. I haven't reached the stage of retrying and whilst I'm pretty darned sure I could successfully install a CIS now I wouldn't recommend it for anyone who is a new user.

HOWEVER, I would recommend you seriously consider taking the time to read up on the resources and discussions on nifty-stuff forums. The community there, some of which haunt this forum too, are particularly clued up on refilling and the Canon printers, and in truth I would recommend refilling as a good alternative approach to affordable ink supplies for any of the chipped Canon printers.

Hope that helps...

websnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2006, 11:53 PM   #82

Big_Al wrote:
Quote:
"I'm still waiting on the plastic parts which finish off the ink reservoir end of things and currently kicking a few problems with Yellow ink and my C series printers so it'll probably be sometime next week.."

I just bought a Canon MP500, and I have not open the box yet. Will I be able to use a CIS or cart. refills? If not, I think I will take the printer back because the Canon's ink makes it too expensive to operate.

Al

You can refill it. I recommend Hobbicolors ink sold on ebay.
KnightCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2006, 1:05 PM   #83

I´m using the same continuos inkflow system with original cartriges for the ip 4200. the only problem is every morning I turned on the printers, the need several cleaning cycles, because the red or yellow cartriges are contaminaded with black. any suggestions ?
venusinos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2006, 4:02 PM   #84

venusinos wrote:
Quote:
I´m using the same continuos inkflow system with original cartriges for the ip 4200. the only problem is every morning I turned on the printers, the need several cleaning cycles, because the red or yellow cartriges are contaminaded with black. any suggestions ?
Sounds like one of a few things:

1. Your ink reservoirs are located too high in relation to your printhead.. You should try elevating your printer so that the maximum ink level is no higher than the printhead. The problem could be that you've got too much pressure in your CIS and its forcing excess ink out into the park pad which contaminates everything.

2. I'd also check that you don't have a problem with the cartridges not being seated properly such that they seal themselves against the rubber mount around the ink port.

No guarantee those are the actual causes but worth checking out.
Old Jun 5, 2006, 6:29 PM   #85

Any news on your CIS systems websnail??? Was looking forward to the pics, my CIS for the IP4000 comes tomorrow and was going to start working on it.
sash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2006, 4:03 AM   #86

sash wrote:
Quote:
Any news on your CIS systems websnail??? Was looking forward to the pics, my CIS for the IP4000 comes tomorrow and was going to start working on it.
Well the good news is that I have two working systems that are still trundling along happily despite being given a rough ride by my other half (a teacher) who likes to print off 600 sheets of work every other night..

The, bad-ish news is that I'm still waiting on a slew of parts to arrive from the distributor, so it's likely to be sometime next week before I get a chance to recreate my kit..

What I can tell you is what kit I needed to pull together to make it all possible.

- threaded -> barb elbow (available from MIS)
- 5 strand tubing
- 5 bottles (reservoirs)
- epoxy resin (10 - 15 minute initial curing time)
- 1 x PGI5 and 4 x PCI8 carts (original canon OEM carts preferably empty)
- electricians tape
- sharp knife

Chances are you'll have most of that already with your kit but the things you'll need to get seperate are probably:
- thread->barb elbow parts (x5)
- epoxy resin
- the cartridges obviously.

In truth the only thing you really need is for a picture of where the elbows should be situated and at what angle they should each be pointed so I'll try and get a shot of my existing kits and post that up for you somewhere..

In the mean time you should try and source some of those elbows..

http://www.inksupply.com/cart.cfm?ac...emid=MIS-06210
.. is one supplier that I know of who does them in small amounts although I do intend to put together a few small kits of parts and ebay them myself in a few weeks..

Hope that gives you something to get cracking with on the prep side anyways..
Old Jun 6, 2006, 9:24 AM   #87

laikanuki wrote:
Quote:
Image of iP4200 continuous flow setup. The lid has to be removed and a wedge inserted to close the microswitch which allows the printheads to move to the centre
Hey There.

I'm a bit new to all this CIS, and would like to have some help about the whole issue of CIS, the picture of the installed system on the Canon ip4200, where can you buy such a system ?

The "problem" is that i live in Denmark, and i've tried to search for a dealer that sells this systems, but with no luck.
Any of you guys that got some links to a dealer that also sends outside USA, and would send the package to Denmark, and any of you that would recommend a system that works ?

A bit help would really be great, so if you got some links that i can use to see what i can buy for my ip4200, i would be really happe .. TIA
Attached Images

Baconman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2006, 9:36 AM   #88

Baconman wrote:
Quote:
Hey There.

I'm a bit new to all this CIS, and would like to have some help about the whole issue of CIS, the picture of the installed system on the Canon ip4200, where can you buy such a system ?

The "problem" is that i live in Denmark, and i've tried to search for a dealer that sells this systems, but with no luck.
Any of you guys that got some links to a dealer that also sends outside USA, and would send the package to Denmark, and any of you that would recommend a system that works ?

A bit help would really be great, so if you got some links that i can use to see what i can buy for my ip4200, i would be really happe .. TIA
As far as I'm aware there's no retailer who actually sell CIS kits for the iP4200 because they require a complete set of Canon cartridges complete with the chip.

I'm currently trying to find a way to get around this limitation by contacting recycling companies to see if they can provide any empties but so far I've had very little luck.. There may come a point when it'll be possible for me to get a supply at which time I'm seriously considering providing DIY (Do it yourself) kits with the cartridges adapted already but at the moment it's just not possible.

For now though, try contacing Gemini Colours www.refillink.biz (the site is awful I know but the guy behind it knows his stuff) and see if Robert (the boss) can help you..

Sorry I can't offer any more help at this point..
Old Jun 6, 2006, 9:49 AM   #89

websnail wrote:
Quote:
Baconman wrote:
Quote:
Hey There.

Quote:
As far as I'm aware there's no retailer who actually sell CIS kits for the iP4200 because they require a complete set of Canon cartridges complete with the chip.

I'm currently trying to find a way to get around this limitation by contacting recycling companies to see if they can provide any empties but so far I've had very little luck.. There may come a point when it'll be possible for me to get a supply at which time I'm seriously considering providing DIY (Do it yourself) kits with the cartridges adapted already but at the moment it's just not possible.

For now though, try contacing Gemini Colours http://www.refillink.biz (the site is awful I know but the guy behind it knows his stuff) and see if Robert (the boss) can help you..

Sorry I can't offer any more help at this point..
Quote:
I allready have the Orginal cartridges and i would think that i was a question of getting a standard CSI system with tubes etc.

Is there no guide anywhere how to fit the tubes and connections anywhere on the net ?
Baconman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2006, 10:03 AM   #90

Baconman wrote:
Quote:
I allready have the Orginal cartridges and i would think that i was a question of getting a standard CSI system with tubes etc.

Is there no guide anywhere how to fit the tubes and connections anywhere on the net ?
Not yet... but there will be soon

Just keep watching this forum... and take note of the post above your first one..