Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Mar 18, 2006, 10:24 PM   #1

Hey all,

Ive had my canon s9000 for about 2 years now, its not used that heavily. For sum odd reason whenever i select a setting other than plain paper, such as glossy photo, photo paper pro etc it prints out with great quality but with a red cast over it....only when i choose plain paper it prints nice, acculate colors but i get noticable bands since its set on the 2nd worst quality print. By changing the print quality to higher and leaving it on plain paper still produces the red cast. Even when i set it to print in pure grey scale it gives a red cast...i've read on numerous forums that people have this problem with either a red cast or a green cast..people have contacted canon and haven't gotten the answer...has anyone here had that problem and been able to solve it?

thanks!
weppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 19, 2006, 7:19 AM   #2

To weppy,

Somewhat a case where you have posted insufficent information. But if you have a red cast, its often due to not enough cyan. Which could be caused by a poorly feeding cartridge, a clogged printhead, or similar problems. So it becomes a troubleshooting problem to narrow down the numereous possibilities down in some sytematic way. But some questions, has this persisted over numerous cartridge changes? Are you using Canon OEM cartridges or some other alternatives? Have you tried adjustments in software?

You start with a nozzle check------you should not have banding at all.

But I recommend you visit the "nifty stuff forums"---just google name without quotes.
And you will find threads on cleaning a printhead and various troubleshooting steps you can take. There you will find many more expert than me to advise you---and likely also people with that exact model printer.
Osage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2006, 9:04 PM   #3

Same problem over here.....* Did you find a* solution?......*Greetings from Belgium.brain
brainloser is offline   Reply With Quote