Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Mar 26, 2006, 4:06 AM   #1

I manage to print a couple of the DISC, but do my dismay the print is slightly off center how am i going to retify it.. cuz the FAQ only helps those with iP4000 to realign cd tray

http://img459.imageshack.us/img459/817/traydisc7vm.jpg
kawaiiboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 26, 2006, 3:29 PM   #2

kawaiiboi wrote:
Quote:
I manage to print a couple of the DISC, but do my dismay the print is slightly off center how am i going to retify it.. cuz the FAQ only helps those with iP4000 to realign cd tray

http://img459.imageshack.us/img459/817/traydisc7vm.jpg
I didn't realise the ip4200 didn't have the same self print feature as the earlier Pixmas. Been meaning to make a simple ruler. Enclosed is a simple one I just made at 60D/cm. I would have submited a .gif but it seems CD label print doesn't support gif. It only goes down to the mm, but that should be enough to get you in the ball park.
Attached Images

zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2006, 4:45 AM   #3

I am using the CD LABEL Print. How am i going to adjust cuz the print position cannot retify the off center print.
Old Mar 27, 2006, 7:24 AM   #4

You need to make adjustment's to the x/y settings in CD LABEL Print to correct the off center problem.I cant tell for sure from the picture but if those are Verbatim disc your using you will not get rid of the outside diameter not printing using CD LABEL Print it will not adjust past 118mm outside diameter those Verbatim's are closer to 120mm.You will need something like Discus label print software that allows adjustment to 120mm.

I hope that helps
paiger651 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2006, 3:22 PM   #5

paiger651 wrote:
Quote:
You need to make adjustment's to the x/y settings in CD LABEL Print to correct the off center problem.I cant tell for sure from the picture but if those are Verbatim disc your using you will not get rid of the outside diameter not printing using CD LABEL Print it will not adjust past 118mm outside diameter those Verbatim's are closer to 120mm.You will need something like Discus label print software that allows adjustment to 120mm.

I hope that helps

Actually the faq covers this, and this should work even if your discs are not full 120mm, provided that the printable area is centered.

1. Pirnt off a disc
2. Measure the distance along the horizintal on either side. Easy enough with the handy dandy image I posted, but if you prefer take a ruler, preferably a T shaped one and measure from a specific point, let's say 5mm which is where the old pixmas put their alignment marks.
3. If the value is not equal take value a minus value b and divide by 2. For example the illistration shows (3mm-9mm)/2 = -3 Repeat for the vertical. in this case (6.5-5.5)/2= .5mm. Again, this is assuming the bottom value goes first.

Though I did just print off my image using CD-lebel print and while it did show my disc was off slightly by about .25mm, it also showed the printable area as being 119mm in size, which technicaly CD-labelprint says 118mm is the max size, and I'm pretty sure these are 118mm discs. I'll have to double check. My ruler should be accurate, though it is possible that the printer is shrinking the image slightly
Attached Images

Old Mar 27, 2006, 7:39 PM   #6

Looks like CD-label print takes the background and streches it out to match the diameter. So while I created a 60DP/cm document 12cm wide, it crunched it down to the diameter.

Enclosed is the correction, let me know if this works for you, but if nothing else, the hashmarks are symetrical and a manual ruler should give you an accurate idea how to center.
Attached Images

Old Mar 28, 2006, 12:27 AM   #7

I have no problem getting my disc centered using the Canon x/y setting adjustment.I was justsaying if he is using the Verbatim printablesthey and a few other disc ive tryed go beyond the 118mm limit of CD LABEL Print.If he gets it centered or not it will not change that fact, it will leave the outside diameter with a unprinted ring.I switched to the Discus label print software it alows adjustment up to 120mm and a bunch of other features that the Canon or Epson or any other disc print software ive tryed can not compare.If your saying you have found a way beyond the 118mm limit of CD LABEL Print please explain how i would like to give it a try with the 119mm Verbatims.
paiger651 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2006, 1:54 AM   #8

paiger651 wrote:
Quote:
I have no problem getting my disc centered using the Canon x/y setting adjustment.I was justsaying if he is using the Verbatim printablesthey and a few other disc ive tryed go beyond the 118mm limit of CD LABEL Print.If he gets it centered or not it will not change that fact, it will leave the outside diameter with a unprinted ring.I switched to the Discus label print software it alows adjustment up to 120mm and a bunch of other features that the Canon or Epson or any other disc print software ive tryed can not compare.If your saying you have found a way beyond the 118mm limit of CD LABEL Print please explain how i would like to give it a try with the 119mm Verbatims.
Actually I thought it was also a problem with the instructions I wrote in the faq and the ip4200 not having the same button presses as my ip3000.

I have "not" gotten the cd-label print software to print 119mm... for this I use Acoustica. It seems Acoustica will permit printing above and beyond the disc as I just printed a "ruler" using acoustica thinking it was designed to print on the disc, and it printed on my tray as well.

I thought it was printing to 119mm at first, but that's because CD-label print crunched up my ruler picture.
Old Mar 28, 2006, 4:42 AM   #9

Acutally i know what you guys are doing. But to me the problem is that the print is slightly 0.5mm to the left thus causing the hub area to be affected when i use 22mm inner diameter. As for using the 118 diameter the left side of the disc leaves 0.5mm of white band while the right side leaves 1mm of white band.
Old Mar 28, 2006, 2:57 PM   #10

kawaiiboi wrote:
Quote:
Acutally i know what you guys are doing. But to me the problem is that the print is slightly 0.5mm to the left thus causing the hub area to be affected when i use 22mm inner diameter. As for using the 118 diameter the left side of the disc leaves 0.5mm of white band while the right side leaves 1mm of white band.
Sounds like your adjustment is .25mm. CD labelprint requires .2 or .3 IIRC. But that should at least get you so close to being center. When I print on 119mm discs I set the outer edge to 119.5mm, this it does overprint a little, and any excess ink I can blot off. No white edge, and so close to being center one doesn't notice any sub .25mm offset.

I wasn't aware we were talking verbatium... which are if i'm not mistaken 119mm. You will always get a .5mm white edge using cd-label print. The only solution is to use software other than CD label print that permits printing on things larger than 118mm.
Discus label print is an option, Acoustica is an option.

Acoustica CD/DVD Label Maker
Discus 3.1
Nero Cover Designer - 119 is possible IIRC
SureThing - requires a non-supported template