Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Apr 10, 2006, 8:05 PM   #21

I received my "D" tray today and SUCCESS!

At first the MP830 rejected the "D" tray with the changes I made to EUR. Howeveran easy fix was found at http://fiveeasysteps.proboards2.com/...ead=1139959143. This resolved the tray rejection issue -->Press Stop/Reset 1 time instead of 2 times in 2J of 5 easy steps. Just go through the entire 5 easy steps process again. The reprintout of the service paper looked like this after the second time: http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g2...ndPrintout.jpg

And here is a picture of the tray with a DVD that was printed with the MP830 AIO:

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g2...1/IMG_4127.jpg

Thanks to KnightCrawler and his work and all who took the time to lay down the groundwork !

Lineman
lineman101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2006, 3:53 AM   #22

lineman101:after setting the printer to EUR, should you install the USA drivers or the Euro drivers for the printer? Will it still work with the USA drivers? even for OS X?is the CD tray cover the little black plastic when you pull down the tray on the inside? does the MP830 have the rollers built in?*thanks for all the work
badtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2006, 2:03 PM   #23

If the printer has been previously installed in Windoze, you must uninstall and reinstall the printer and drivers for the CD/DVD option in the print dialog.

The install of the Windoze drivers must see the firmware of the MP830 set to EUR for the correct install of EUR driver in Windoze.

No, it will *not* work with the USA drivers. The USA drivers do not include the option to print CD/DVD's in the print dialog.

I do not use OS X, so I do not know if it will work. However, I do not see why it would not work.

The CD/DVD slot is the located on the small tray that flips down in the front area where the printed paper is ejected. Pop out the black cover with the tray in the up position with a coin from underneath to avoid marring the plastic of the printer with a screwdriver.

The MP830 has the rollers built in.

Thanks to others who blazed the trail!

Lineman
Old Apr 11, 2006, 4:30 PM   #24

The USA drivers will probably work, they just need to be uninstalled and reinstalled after the changes have been made.

The others models worked fine with the USA drivers.
KnightCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2006, 7:18 PM   #25

I agree. The printer comes with a driver CD in the box. Just reinstall using the CD that comes in the box with the printer. I made the assumption that when the reinstall of the driver is done in Windoze, an EUR driver would be loaded that sees the EUR firmware of the printer. I missed the meaning of your question. Sorry.

Lineman
Old Apr 27, 2006, 10:46 AM   #26

Does anyone know where I can buy a "D" tray for my mp830. Ebay doesn't have any. Is there any stores in Europe or Aus?

Thanks
TheWarrior97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2006, 2:21 PM   #27

TheWarrior97 wrote:
Quote:
Does anyone know where I can buy a "D" tray for my mp830. Ebay doesn't have any. Is there any stores in Europe or Aus?

Thanks

You might wish to checkout http://fiveeasysteps.proboards2.com/

Not that I actually "see" any today but it's the most likely spot you'll meet someone who has them.
zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2006, 3:30 AM   #28

Finally setup my MP830. The instructions found at http://pixma.web1000.com/MP500/index.htmare perfectif you press the Stop/Reset button only ONCE in #2 section J. The Canon Pixma MP830 Setup CD drivers supplied with myUSA-isued printerworked perfectly for installingCD/DVD printing ability, so you don't need to go looking for European drivers. The applications software CD-LablePrint 1.20 (is ther a newer version?)fromKnightcrawler installed smoothly and I printed out my first CD. Looks good! This is FUN!

Now it is a matter of fine tuning CD-LabelPrint or else use something else. I have some full hub Taiyo Yuden CDR. Going to try the "Full Hub DVD" adjustment at http://pixma.web1000.com/fulldvd/fulldvd.htmorthe 119mm template for Nero Cover Designer at http://pixma.web1000.com/119mm/index.htmand see if I can prevent bare, unprinted white media surface from showing.

Anyone have some suggestions/measurements to offer?
Stratman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2006, 5:49 AM   #29

Stratman wrote:
Quote:
zakezuke wrote:
Quote:
I don't think canon's have the same sort of pump action that epsons do. the r200 for example had a pump that operated when the pladen when in reverse. I'm not sure what canon does but I think the ink just spews to the waste area... i.e. I don't think it sucks.
The alternate waste routing with Epson's pushed the service-freelifespan of those printers, ie no need to change the waste padsor spend money ontech repair. If the Canon's do not allow for a similar rerouting, what sort of lifespan can I expect before all that waste ink requires some sort of servicing? I know every user's "use" of their printer is different, but do you have an idea of how long other Pixma printer's last? Maybe this should be looked at by how many cartridge changes before servicing required. Maybe this is not an issue at all with the Canon's. I'm just curious since there is a relatively simple fix for Epson owners.
For what it's worth I have modified one of my iP4000 models and found that it is possible to modify the printer to redirect any primed or clean cycle ink to an external tank..

HOWEVER.. it required a drill, a couple of barbed elbow parts 1/16" ID (inner diameter) and the removal of 4 screws to release the printer from the base.

What I forgot to do was check where ink was being wasted to elsewhere in the printer, although I suspect some ink is just wasted into the pads at the opposite (left) side to the rest position for the head.

At some point I'll take apart one of my iP4200's after it's done a lot more work and see where the waste ink is centered but overall compared to the Epson printers, I have to say that the Canon printers are a LOT easier to disassemble to remove, flush out and replace the waste pads.

Hope that helps...

Edit: Oh.. and forgot to mention.. Bearing in mind that I don't know if this is all the wastage or not but the external tank on my Canon iP4000 is showing about 10ml of waste after 5 cleaning cycles and 1 deep cleaning cycles and a month of use (around 500 sheets double sided). An Epson would be showing around 3 times that amount for the same number of cleaning cycles and prints.

Quote:
Thanks for the info on aftermarket inks. Seems like they are bulk sellers - by the gallon! At least now we know there are alternatives and soon we'll have appropriate cartridge and CIS systems available.
MIS associates will do their ink in a lot smaller amounts but they aren't yet selling the iP4200 inks (specifically the Magenta (M) and PhotoBlack (PK) which are different from the iP4000 inks..
websnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2006, 10:27 PM   #30

Websnail:

Thanks for the info on diverting waste inkfrom the 4200. You sound like a real-life MacGyver!

Maybe someone will come up with a method for the MP830 one day.
Stratman is offline   Reply With Quote