Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Apr 30, 2006, 2:14 PM   #31

Stratman wrote:
Quote:
Websnail:

Thanks for the info on diverting waste inkfrom the 4200. You sound like a real-life MacGyver!

Maybe someone will come up with a method for the MP830 one day.
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but if the Mp830 is anything like my MP750 it's unlikely you'll find an easy solution for a waste tank.

The amount of electronics and the "I could easily break this expensive equipment" factor mean't I abandoned my original attempt pretty darned quick.

Ultimately I suspect the best approach is going to be to figure out where the printer waste ink pads are deepest and a "safe" place to drill through to them without damaging anything other than the base plastic... Then, simply putting the printer up on a raised base with a hole at the relevant point and a tray underneath to catch ink droplets as gravity does its thing.

Of course this really would mess up any warranty and the tricky bit is finding the path through the base to the waste pad..

Fun huh
websnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2006, 5:26 PM   #32

websnail wrote:
Quote:
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but if the Mp830 is anything like my MP750 it's unlikely you'll find an easy solution for a waste tank.

The amount of electronics and the "I could easily break this expensive equipment" factor mean't I abandoned my original attempt pretty darned quick.

Ultimately I suspect the best approach is going to be to figure out where the printer waste ink pads are deepest and a "safe" place to drill through to them without damaging anything other than the base plastic... Then, simply putting the printer up on a raised base with a hole at the relevant point and a tray underneath to catch ink droplets as gravity does its thing.

Of course this really would mess up any warranty and the tricky bit is finding the path through the base to the waste pad..

Fun huh
Umm... I'll pass! :shock:

So how long until the waste ink pads/diaper/whatever needs servicing, ie, what's the lifespan of these all-in-one's?

Stratman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2006, 5:06 AM   #33

Stratman wrote:
Quote:
Umm... I'll pass! :shock:

So how long until the waste ink pads/diaper/whatever needs servicing, ie, what's the lifespan of these all-in-one's?
No idea I'm afraid...
websnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2006, 7:56 PM   #34

The steps are not working for me unfortantely. I'm following the "five easy steps" website http://pixma.webpal.info/MP500/index.html but I can not pass step E/F.

After I release the power button I try to wait for the copy light to stop blinking, but when it stops blinking the printer just TURNS OFF! *sigh*.

Any help is appreciated?
jfvergara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2006, 8:17 AM   #35

jfvergara wrote:
Quote:
The steps are not working for me unfortantely. I'm following the "five easy steps" website http://pixma.webpal.info/MP500/index.html but I can not pass step E/F.

After I release the power button I try to wait for the copy light to stop blinking, but when it stops blinking the printer just TURNS OFF! *sigh*.

Any help is appreciated?
Unless Canon changed the firmware, I wonder if you are doing Step C differently.

Step B: Hold down BOTH Power and Stop/Reset Buttons for 5 seconds.

Step C: Keep holding down thePower Button but let go of the Stop/Reset Button.

Step D: While still holding down the Power Button, press and release the Stop/Reset Button twice.

Step E: Now let go of the Power Button.
Old Aug 24, 2006, 11:38 PM   #36

Thanks for trying to help, I had a big NOOB moment when I got my tray. I was trying to get into service mode while the printer was already ON. I didnt know that you had to do it while it was off.

I figured it out about an hour after tinkering with it. Thanks anyway though, I'm enjoying my prints on my 830!

I did have a problem though, I took out my laptop and went to work, when I came home I tried CD printing again but then it refused my CD tray. :? I just redid the "five easy steps" again and I saw on my ROM page that I was switched to JPN for some reason. Weird. Anyway I reset everything and it's back to EURO. Hopefully that little glitch wont happen again.
jfvergara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2006, 1:22 AM   #37

Good to hear everything is working. The MP830 does a great job of printing onto CD/DVD's. It is fun!
Old Sep 20, 2006, 8:50 PM   #38

I have done the steps that you guys have given to allow me to print CD/DVD's. Now that I've changed it to Europe, the fax's DRPD doesn't appear anymore. Is there a way to still have my fax answer fax calls and not answer voice calls? I live in North America and it was working with the DRPD set to on. I have two numbers assigned to my house with one line. The fax number is separate from my voice line number. Any idea's would really be appreciated.

Thanks so much,

Brian
emailsucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2006, 11:08 PM   #39

I have the same issue with the Fax using the DRPD fax receive mode and really need that feature too but really like the CD printing feature equally.

Can the registery be changed to include this or something?

Amy help out there???

Thanks in advance for any help.
bimerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2006, 1:10 PM   #40

I was talking with Canon in Canada, and the tech support indicated that Canada may be releasing an updated software for the MP830 that will now support CD printing. Now the challenge will be on how to change my MP830 back to US Country, instead of Europe. It sure prints the DVD's perfectly.

Brian
emailsucks is offline   Reply With Quote