Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Apr 7, 2003, 5:16 PM   #1

Default Somebody help!! Epson or Canon

I am in the market for a high quality photo printer. I have been reading alot of good things about the Canon Vs Epson.
I know in the past few years Epson has had the best photo quality period. Now I have been reading that Canon has comprable quality and is much faster. My prints will be for sale so I want something that is going to last . I am interested in printing photos only. The best quality and lowest priced printer available. Can anyone give me some input on this please.
PIXLADY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 10, 2003, 2:37 PM   #2

Well if you want prints that last a long time I would reccomend Looking into an epson 2200.

If you want really cheap printing look at getting an epson 1280 printer and the continuous ink system from www.inkjetart.com Mix it in with some cannon photo pro paper and you should be very well set.

If you want speed with a reasonable cost and archival rating look into using a cannon i950 and some photo pro paper. The cannon in recent years unlike the epson has a tendency to match colors right out the box.

Epson wants you to buy a color profile software which will make your prints look spectacular and accurate every time. But it will also be very expensive to purchase the color profile software. Although the advantage to this colro profile software is that if used with the 2200 you will produce more accurate colors than the cannon i950 or the Epson 1280 since its ink mix allows it to produce a wider color gamut than just pigment ot just dye inks can produce.

But this color profile software will make either the epson or the cannon look better on prints.
Gregersonsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote